Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Accounting and Finance Team
From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports the business to make sure Momentive grows and stays healthy. If you're ready to bring your strategic finance skills to Momentive, we want to hear from you. You will be a part of the General Ledger team and report to the Sr. Manager of Accounting.
What we're looking for
We are hiring an Accounting Manager who will be a member of the Finance team and will be hands-on in the company's month-end activities and daily accounting operations. The Accounting Manager will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits.
You have leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works to achieve results. You'll get involved in many aspects of our accounting function including overseeing the accounting for all aspects of Payroll Accounting, Deferred Commissions, Cash, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, and Accruals and managing a team of senior accountants.
- Mentor a team of 2 senior accountants to build their professional career and maximize potential.
- Review and, approve balance sheet account reconciliations, including deferred commissions, cash, and fixed assets.
- Manage intercompany accounting for completeness and accuracy and work with the global accounting team to ensure accounts are in balance.
- In charge of payroll accounting including compensation entries, accrued bonus, accrued sabbatical, equity entries, and all payroll related reconciliations.
- Prepare and approve detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reporting package and flux analysis
- Work with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting procedures with emphasis on internal controls and SOX compliance
- Continued focus on improving accounting process efficiencies by applying best practices and establishing internal controls
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; apply recommendations to operational issues
- Assist/Manage global accounting projects
- Work with financial systems team to review and implement configuration changes to ensure accurate accounting under US GAAP
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- Experience with general accounting concepts, US GAAP
- The ability to proficiently perform professional level accounting analysis, and reconciliations
- 10 years relevant experience (with 3+ years of progressive management experience, and 2+ years of experience in public accounting preferred)
- Solid track record as a people manager, open to direction, and works well with others
- Experienced manager; experience working with multiple teams on projects and solving issues to find solutions
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others to complete all tasks
- Project management
- High Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel and Word)
- Experience with NetSuite or similar cloud-based accounting software applications
- Blackline experience is a plus
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.