Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Customer Success Engineering Team:
A successful product depends on great customer experiences and support. At Momentive, the Customer Success Engineering (CSE) team equips those providing great customer support with the tools they need to excel. We are an engaged and agile team who recognize the power of empathy in the work we do, and the joy that comes from building tools that make the lives of our coworkers easier.
What we're looking for
The full-stack developer will report to our CSE Engineering Manager and join a dedicated engineering team in downtown Portland supporting Momentive's customer-facing teams. Our team works on a range of frontend and backend projects for both internal and external customers. Our charter includes developing outstanding Help Centers to scale our customer support, admin tools to drive internal efficiency, and a focus on product abuse to create a safer customer experience, as well as projects to support major company priorities.
- Build and maintain a mission-critical web application, built primarily in Python and React
- Own the development of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Actively contribute new ideas to a team that is committed to continuous improvement
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers on best practices
- Work closely with product managers and stakeholders to ensure we are building the best solutions
- Work in an Agile environment with frequent feedback and deployments
- Demonstrate 8+ years of experience in web application development
- Design and implement a web application from the ground up
- Write complete, testable code with meaningful unit test coverage
- Write tech specs clearly explaining planned work
- Give and receive constructive feedback from peers and managers
- Architect new full-stack features, including DB schemas, back-end models, API endpoints, and front-end implementation
- Debug production software using application and server logs and monitoring tool.
A preferred candidate is able to:
- Build world-class web applications using Python
- Develop front-end features using React
- Write efficient SQL queries
- Demonstrate proficiency with AWS, monitoring tools (e.g. Splunk, New Relic) and distributed queues (e.g. Kafka)
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.