Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Market Research Team
Market research solutions within SurveyMonkey caters to an exciting new space, ripe for innovation and helps millions of people make product and marketing decisions every day. We are a small, agile and autonomous group of engineering, product, design and sales teams moving the product forward. Audience platform engineering team is a core part of Market Research. We are accountable for the backend services that power a variety of solutions from self-serve to highly specialized market research use cases.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has a passion for solving new and interesting problems. We welcome new ideas and fresh perspectives that you bring with yourself which can help grow our team, and our platform both internally and with our customers. Your contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team through your technical work, experience and leadership. You will continuously build and expand your own technical expertise as well as drive excellence in engineering within the team.
Our services are written in Python and run on AWS. We are a learning organization and continuously modernize our technical stack and infrastructure.
- Designing, building, and maintaining scalable services across multiple data regions
- End-to-end ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and following software best practices which allow us to move quickly
- Build observable systems that track important metrics that help monitoring as well and make important product decisions
- Mentor and guide engineers with empathy, on best practices and providing valuable code and design reviews
- 5+ years experience in web application development mainly focused on the backend
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with both co-located and remote engineers and cross-functional partners
- Experience leading cross functional projects, designing and building world-class products and APIs
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with others
- Self-motivated, data-driven, and possessing a strong work ethic
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.