Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Strategic Finance team
We are a dynamic team of former investment bankers, consultants, and technology finance professionals that enjoy solving the challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow SurveyMonkey as fast, and as profitably, as possible. Our role is to drive and inform some of SurveyMonkey's most important business and financial decisions.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a seasoned leader to join our team and lead our GM financial planning and analysis efforts for SurveyMonkey’s largest pillar, as we target $1B+ revenue scale. This is a full P&L role where you’ll engage with GTM leads across Growth, Sales, Strategy and Product leads and be part of the Surveys Leadership Team. In this highly visible role you will help shape the future of SurveyMonkey's business. You will receive a near vertical learning curve, opportunity to manage a high-performing team, a platform to influence SurveyMonkey's business, and closely partner with the leadership across Surveys and Finance. You'll lead all aspects of partnering with the Surveys pillar and help support operational and financial planning, business analysis and decision-making support. You'll contribute to SurveyMonkey's growth and solving some of our most difficult problems, with a direct connection between your team's activities and our success.
- Embed within the Survey pillar, partner directly with the Surveys GMs and well as cross-functional leads supporting Surveys in Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering.
- Play a lead role in defining operational/financial plans, business plans, and strategies.
- Find opportunities to help the business grow and achieve it’s financial goals.
- Drive, improve, and forecast some of SurveyMonkey's most important and visible business metrics: Revenue, Annual Recurring Revenue (Bookings), Churn, Gross and Net Retention, Pipeline, and GTM productivity.
- Provide regular analysis and reporting of financial results to ensure key drivers, issues, and required actions are deeply understood.
- Partner with our Corporate finance team to provide analysis and reporting to our CEO, CFO, Executive Staff, Investor Relations team, and Board of Directors.
- Design and deliver ad-hoc strategic projects and efforts in partnership with our Executive Staff.
- Lead and develop a highly engaged, effective team of three capable of redefining how planning and analysis has traditionally been accomplished in public SaaS companies.
- 8+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in Finance/Operations within a top technology company, investment banking, or consulting with 2+ years of experience as a people manager.
- Experience working in, or partnering with, the GTM function of a recurring revenue software business; a background in Enterprise SaaS is preferred.
- BA/BS degree, an MBA is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver impact for your partner and the business.
- Built and led mission-driven teams in the past OR have demonstrated an ability to lead and inspire a team or people.
- Exceptional business instincts – you understand SurveyMonkey's business model, strategy, markets, products, customers, and challenges - you use that knowledge to help inform significant company decisions.
- Success building scalable execution and processes across cross-functional teams.
- Navigated large networks of people and systems to find the information you need; you tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and actionable conclusions.
- You are a poised communicator and are accustomed to actively sharing your point of view.
- Prioritized multiple work streams with intense demands on your time.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.