Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Product Design Team
The Product Design team oversees the discovery and definition of customer needs, the ideation and conception of potential product solutions, and the detailed design of the experience that will ensure both our customer and business to succeed.
We use iterative, human-centered design methods that use specialized skills and tools, such as user research, content strategy, design systems, interaction design, visual design and prototyping.
Product Design team members are located in 5 offices across the globe, where we work with our counterparts in Product Management, Marketing and Engineering. You will report to Senior Design Director.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a passionate and experienced senior product designer to turn our vision into reality and shape the future of our CX product portfolio.
If you're passionate about the craft and process of building outstanding product, working with great people across the world, and solving problems for engaged customers, you'll fit right in.
- You'll work together with Product management, Engineering and Marketing to solve customer problems with comprehensive, thoughtful and elegant solutions, create seamless product experience with intuitive UI, and a focus for people.
- As a senior designer, you'll determine, scope and own end-to-end design process, communications with partners, and measurements of success.
- You will use data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create truly user-centric designs
We're on a mission to bring better design to the business world, and while we're at it, we'd like to make our mark with intuitive interaction design, smart interfaces, and a commitment to empathizing with our users. If you believe that great design belongs everywhere and have the mettle to make it happen, we should definitely talk.
- 5+ years of experience in a product design role on a product design team working in teams across the entire product development lifecycle. Experience designing web-based applications.
- The digital portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive and beautiful user-centered designs. Work examples that exhibit strong visual design, product design, usability, and design thinking skills that span the entire process: ideation to implementation.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with information architecture, interaction design, data visualization and visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high-quality deliverables across the range of disciplines.
- You worked on multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business.
- Experience working directly with stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, marketing) to create agreement and mine for value and able to juggle multiple top-priority tasks and efficiently focus on delivery.
- Ability to zoom out to see the bigger picture and present design solutions at all levels of the organization with clear, articulate rationale.
- Profound experience with Design Thinking methodology, designing for the Salesforce ecosystem is a plus.
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Invision and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies, and cross-device design.
This role is seated in our Amsterdam, The Netherlands office. Minimal travel to some of our other SurveyMonkey offices is required during the year, if possible.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can grow. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.