Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team
SurveyMonkey is looking for a few good people to build a new SRE organization for the Survey Core experience. The SRE team ensures that SurveyMonkey’s important systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. SRE is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches focused on optimizing existing systems and eliminating work through automation.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who initially can participate in and enjoy being hands-on while at the same time growing a team and setting strategy and direction. There is an opportunity here to establish the standards that we use within the team to ensure our systems and services are performant, available, and scalable. You will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Build an SRE team of 4-6 engineers initially
- Hire, coach, set goals for the professional development of Site reliability engineers
- Partner with the main infrastructure team to identify and select future infrastructure technologies
- Partner with application teams and architects to ensure our services are built for scale, reliability and performance.
- Build the monitoring solutions on top of existing observability platforms
- Improve the development, build and deployment processes on top of our main infrastructure
- Work with the engineering teams to architect and build our platform services to simplify real-time troubleshooting and operational response to incidents and outages.
- Be the expert on how to best use AWS technologies to build our next-generation platform
- Bridge the divide between our core application engineers and our main infrastructure teams
- Provide capacity management expertise to ensure our deployments are managed for robustness and cost
- Bring best practices and own environment management, ensuring all of our dev/test/prod environments are reproducible with high availability
- A minimum 5 years experience managing in a large-scale environment with a lean team
- Passionate about your profession, curious and continuing to learn to inspire creativity and excellence in Site Reliability/DevOps practices, application support and design.
- Experience in architecture
- Experience with systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of different designs
- Knowledge of different aspects of service design: including messaging protocols and behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Experience making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed
- Developed accomplished SRE engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
- Customer service, demonstrated through positive action
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.