Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Use Cases team
Our Use Cases team builds Market Research expert solutions that help market researchers make data driven decisions quickly by combining built-in expert methodologies, an integrated panel, presentation-ready reports, and AI-Powered Insights.
Checkout our market research solutions https://www.surveymonkey.com/market-research/solutions
What we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems and developing product features. Our team has a startup vibe and we need to move fast. You will report to the Manager of Front-End Development, Use Cases and will be an important member of the team.
- Work with product managers and UX designers, iterating quickly to ensure we build the best solutions with quality in mind
- Design and implement GraphQL schemas to support our modules API
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers to validate best practices and logical designs
- Focus on code quality and improve performance, accessibility and reliability
- Contribute to the next generation of front-end architecture of SurveyMonkey
- Promote and contribute to the design patterns and development techniques across our engineering organization
- Have 8+ years of experience in web application development
- Experience With REST APIs and coding against external services
- Experience with backend frameworks and technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL
- Culture of code reviews and collaborating with other people
- Learn and adopt new technologies
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
Nice to have
- Lead web application projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with responsive a11y design and building mobile-friendly applications
- Experience with build tools like WebPack, Grunt or Rollup
- Experience with modern web frameworks, like Pyramid, Django, Flask, or Rails (Ruby)
- Agile, test-driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
- Linux (Ubuntu), MAC configuration and administration
- Material contributions to open source projects
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
- Medical/dental benefits
- Paid holidays and paid parental leave
- RRSP Matching and equity compensation