Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Sales team
We're looking for salespeople to manage accounts and skyrocket customer growth. If you're a self-starter with a consultative approach to selling — with experience pitching sales to any audience, and cultivating great client relationships — this job's for you!
What we're looking for
The Outbound Business Development Representative plays a critical role in growing our business. The main focus of this position is in developing qualified prospects for our sales process through cold calling, referral network nurturing, partner channel development, and managing of various marketing and social media programs designed to cultivate prospects for deeper qualification.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with high social intelligence and a natural inclination for selling. S/he is very driven and can show evidence that they thrive in a competitive, merit-based environment. They also value networking and the benefits of being part of an agile, growing team.
- Develop target prospect lists and execute cold outreach to executives at select IT tech companies
- Manage various social media tools for inbound prospect development
- Interact with prospects and provide high level offering information
- Generate qualified leads and set sales appointments
- Manage prospecting status and forecasting in Salesforce.com
- 1+ years at a Business-to-Business organization in an Inside Sales Development or Inside Sales role
- Excellent instincts for conversing with technology executives and ability to think on the fly
- Strong work ethic – possess the desire to master the art of selling
- Fluency in English along with excellent phone skills, phone etiquette, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree is preferred
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.