SurveyMonkey is growing fast - real fast – and we’re just getting started. We’re on a mission to power the curious: Our platform empowers 17 million active users and 300,000+ organizations to measure and understand feedback from virtually anyone, including their customers and markets. Over the past three years we have expanded our platform to address three massive markets; we have scaled an enterprise business from zero to nearly $100M in revenue at hypergrowth rates; and we have become a public company. What will the next three years look like? Join us and help build it.
About the Strategic Finance Team
We are a dynamic team of former investment bankers, consultants, and technology finance professionals that enjoy solving the challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow SurveyMonkey as fast, and as profitably, as possible. Our role is to drive and inform some of SurveyMonkey’s most important business and financial decisions.
We are searching for a seasoned executive to lead our Corporate financial planning and analysis activities. The Corporate Strategic Finance team is the core of the broader Strategic Finance organization; its chartered with providing business insights and visibility to our executive leadership team, board of directors, and investors.
This role offers a steep learning curve, the opportunity to scale a function, close partnership with our executive leadership team, and a platform to make a lasting impact on SurveyMonkey’s business. Your scope and accountability traverse the full spectrum of SurveyMonkey’s financial outcomes and plans. You’ll be contributing to SurveyMonkey’s growth and profitability by tackling some of our most difficult business problems, with a direct connection between your team’s activities and the company’s success.
- Own end-to-end company-level financial planning, building a world-class function that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of clarity and accuracy.
- Partner with our VP Finance, CFO, and executive leadership team to assess and analyze critical business decisions.
- Design and drive the company’s annual and quarterly outlook financial planning processes.
- Architect and elevate the company’s long-run financial plan to become a key input into current and multi-year strategy decisions.
- Closely partner with our VP Investor Relations to craft a clear multi-year investment thesis, provide transparent external metrics, establish guidance, and respond to questions from external parties.
- Deliver clear management reporting/insights on business performance and to our executive leadership team and board of directors.
- Regularly benchmark SurveyMonkey’s business and financial performance with other SaaS companies through conversations with peers.
- Lead and develop a highly engaged, effective team capable of redefining how planning and analysis has traditionally been accomplished.
- Own and optimize the Strategic Finance organization’s operating norms for $1B+ revenue scale with a focus on clear processes and automation using best-in-class solutions like Anaplan, Tableau, etc.
- You have 10+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in Finance and Operations within a top technology company.
- You have experience working in a recurring revenue software business.
- You hold a BA/BS degree. An MBA is strongly preferred, but not required.
- You’re a high-energy leader with an infectious passion for developing others – you practice confidence without attitude or ego. You have 3+ years of demonstrated success as a people manager.
- You’ve built and led mission-driven teams in the past and have a track record of creating a shared vision, curating an engaging culture, and delivering on priorities.
- You have exceptional business instincts – you understand SurveyMonkey’s business model, strategy, markets, products, customers, and challenges - you use that knowledge to help inform significant company decisions.
- Execution is your thing and you have prior success creating and driving scalable operating models across cross-functional teams.
- You have a reputation for navigating large networks of people and systems to find the information you need; you tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and actionable conclusions.
- You are a poised communicator and are accustomed to actively sharing your point of view; developing relationships comes naturally.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams and intense demands on your time is second nature.
We offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation. SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.