SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We're looking for a Software Engineer for the Wufoo team! This engineer has a real passion for diving into complicated and interesting projects and who wants to own meaningful parts of the software stack. In this position you'll be learning and exercising your skills in feature development, infrastructure rollout, and in building maintainable solutions. We're a small scrappy and independent team that still benefits from being within a larger organization like SurveyMonkey - we really have the best of both worlds!
What you will be doing!
- Implementing new features on the Wufoo product in a variety of languages
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing maintainable code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Working with product management and product designers to come up with the optimal experience for Wufoo customers
- Build observable systems that track critical metrics and application health
- Support runtime requirements of the Wufoo product
But most importantly!
- Sharpening your problem solving skills on difficult (and occasionally hilarious) problems
- Cultivating a sense of ownership over a large product with a dedicated customer base
- Sustaining and growing the reputation of care and customer focus that Wufoo is known for
- Joining a dedicated and effective team that loves what they do
Essential skills d(✿╹◡╹)b
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Can thrive in a culture of code reviews, collaborating closely with others, and most importantly: shipping code!
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent experience
- Experience in implementing high traffic back end solutions and APIs in Python
- Familiarity with PHP
- Experience with modern security and access control best practices
- Strong ability to dive in and debug complex systems
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Due to 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for off-hours work as part of team support rotation
Ideal candidates (✿ ♥‿♥)
- Experience with and/or understanding of distributed system design, particularly in Cloud environments such as AWS
- Familiarity with Ansible playbook development
- Familiarity with developing React front end user interfaces
- Really like dinosaurs
List of technologies you'll be working with (in order of appearance)
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.