SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
The Sr Manager, Security Operations will have responsibility for a broad spectrum of initiatives, including Security Operations and Application Security. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring, managing, and improving the security posture of the SurveyMonkey family of products and internal infrastructure and systems. In addition, this role will be responsible for implementing solutions to automate and manage security practices across the Corporate and Production environments.
The successful candidate will continue to foster and improve interaction among the different businesses, adopting an integrated view of the whole range of risk issues - both existing and potential issues. The candidate will collaborate with the CISO and peers to establish goals and aspirations relating to security and user safety, thereby developing a security strategy shaped by the business strategy.
The candidate must be a strategic thinker and innovative problem solver, skilled in design and execution of effective enterprise security programs. The candidate should possess outstanding leadership, team building and technical strengths that generate optimum productivity with performance excellence from security staff, internal and external partners. The candidate should embrace the corporate culture to achieve business objectives with a proven history of elevating information security postures.
- Demonstrated experience building and developing a security function into a high performing team
- Experience running Security Operations and/or Application Security functions and teams
- Experience implementing security programs that can identify and handle next generation threats to the organization
- Experience mitigating real world security threats and evaluating / implementing security solutions
- Fiscal responsibility, able to think strategically and build a program and capability that paces the business
- Experience designing and operating security capabilities in a public cloud, preferably AWS
- Participate in architectural and design discussions
- Provide technical and management leadership during security incidents
- Proven record of identifying and addressing corporate asset security challenges
- Able to develop and maintain strong partnerships and achieve goals with trusted partner organizations (e.g., Engineering, IT Operations/Infrastructure, Sales)
- Able to influence personnel outside the CISO and CIO organizations
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team with varying levels of experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of how to develop relevant metrics that not only track activity but also quantify the impact of security initiatives on the financial, growth, and performance of the business
- Oversight for new security technologies and solutions research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and conflicting priorities
- Self motivated and directed
The ideal candidate must possess a mix of technical and leadership skills. From a technical perspective, the candidate must have:
- 10+ years of security-related experience
- Experience mitigating real world security threats and evaluating / implementing solutions
- Understanding of network security
- Understanding of security within a public cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Track record of implementing automation and tooling to gain efficiency
- Security Operations Center (SOC) exposure
In addition, the candidate must have the following leadership skills:
- Experience setting strategic direction and overseeing capability development
- Experience communicating across the organization, clearly articulating a business vision, key objectives, timelines and personal contributions
- Evidence of using past experiences to bring new ideas to the company, and help them “see around corners”
- Embodying a collaborative and consensus-driven approach to decision-making
- Being respectful of past accomplishments yet forward thinking
- Offering empathy to team members, coaching/mentoring them to be successful in this changing environment