SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About the Team
We’re looking for a strategic, action-oriented finance leader to join our growing Finance team. From investor relations to strategic planning to accounting to tax to treasury, budgeting and forecasting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey grows responsibly. If you’re ready to bring your strategic and operational finance skills to SurveyMonkey, we want to hear from you.
SurveyMonkey is looking for a VP of Investor Relations to build out the investor relations function and partner with the CFO on all investor-related activities. S/he will need a strategic mindset, will need to be investor- and market-savvy, and must possess strong communication skills. The role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will be based in San Mateo, CA.
- Develop deep working relationships with the equity research community and drive appropriate interaction and communication with all existing and potential shareholders
- Serve as the primary interface with buy- and sell-side analysts and shareholders
- Ensure consistency and alignment of the company’s messaging and participation on quarterly earnings calls, in-house meetings, investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, and analyst days
- Enhance/own investor story and content for investor communications
- Partner closely with the finance team to derive critical financial analyses/metrics for the purpose of communicating with the Street
- Lead effort to create all earnings-related documentation, including earnings scripts, shareholder letter, earnings press release and earnings FAQ
- Provide senior executives and board members at the company with accurate and timely updates of the company’s positioning with analysts and key shareholders.
- Constantly gather intelligence and information in the marketplace, and inform, educate, and coach the company’s senior leadership regarding the near- and long-term dynamics of the investment and trading marketplaces, providing insight on the potential impact of these market forces on the company’s business success.
- Advise management on the potential impact of business initiatives on the market and shareholders, and how to most effectively communicate these to the investment community
- Lead and manage the Investor Relations portion of the company website
- Closely coordinate with internal communications professionals to support efficient and effective dissemination of the Company’s strategy and message
- Measure the effectiveness of the company’s investor relations program through the quality and accuracy of external analyst research and earnings estimates, an increase in analyst coverage, the addition of new institutional owners, and growth in value relative to industry peers and relative to the market in general
- Work with key stakeholders including CFO and General Counsel to develop and execute the company’s corporate governance outreach efforts
- Manage one employee (open hiring requisition for an Investor Relations Manager)
- Excellent interpersonal and oral & written communication skills
- Strong executive presence
- Strong financial and analytical abilities with attention to detail
- Experience in investor relations at a SaaS company and/or as an investment professional (buy or sell side) required
- Demonstrated understanding of Reg FD and other SEC disclosure rules and regulations
- Understanding of GAAP accounting practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CFA and/or CPA desirable but not required
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.