SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
How we’re evolving: SurveyMonkey got its start as an online self-serve product that’s lauded for combining power and ease of use. 20 years later, we’re continuing to grow that online business while rapidly expanding our enterprise business and accelerating our international expansion. We’ve also acquired two companies this year to augment our customer experience management capabilities. Our evolving business model provides a rich set of opportunities for the marketing organization.
Who we’re looking for: We’re kicking off the search for a highly creative and analytical brand marketing leader who can help take our beloved brand to new heights, while guiding and inspiring an award-winning team of 20+ across content strategy, creative design and video.
Things that bring out the best in you as a leader: a fast-paced environment; making tough calls to help the team prioritize; finding the sweet spot in voice and tone - B2H (business to human) - that goes beyond B2C and B2B; breaking new creative ground; and contributing to a strong, supportive company culture where each person can bring their whole self to work.
- You’ll spearhead all things brand at SurveyMonkey. You’ll be responsible for driving vision, strategy, budget, and execution for all brand marketing initiatives. In addition to leading the in-house creative team that supports all marketing and web initiatives, you’ll also provide critical creative vision and support across the company in areas like employer branding, investor relations, and corporate social responsibility.
- You’ll drive team growth and organizational structure and provide leadership and coaching to all team members. The last part is important: SurveyMonkey is where the curious come to grow, and not too surprisingly we’re fond of feedback.
- You’ll co-own brand tracking and research in partnership with our in-house research team, and you’ll teach our organization how to measure and understand the impact of brand marketing initiatives.
- You’ll recruit and hire exceptional team members.
- Since winning is a team sport, you’ll collaborate closely with other marketing leaders, plus cross-functional partners across product, research, data, and engineering teams.
- You’ll build strong relationships with your counterparts, and provide clear communication across the entire organization.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in brand-related marketing endeavors. Experience working for a public company in some brand capacity preferred; we welcome candidates with significant stints in the agency world.
- Demonstrated expertise in the fundamentals of brand including brand architecture, naming, and brand guideline development at companies with multiple products and services.
- Proven experience with brand in both B2B and B2C contexts.
- A sophisticated aesthetic sensibility and a keen eye for a highly compelling story.
- Superb people leader who knows how to set a vision, inspire and motivate people to accomplish it. Possesses ability to coach people to better outcomes over time.
- Source of creative spark for your teams; you’ll bring a real spirit of innovation to the role.
- Data-driven business leader with ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong digital chops with extensive experience and confident vision around bringing a modern brand to life on the web.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business objectives, and the competitive landscape.
- Global brand experience, including past success increasing brand awareness/ visibility/ understanding and launching new products in domestic and international markets.
- Ample experience quarterbacking multi-channel integrated campaigns and reporting on their results. Ability to effectively build cross-functional relationships and motivate across diverse teams and functions to produce high-quality outcomes.
- You have solid knowledge of the external agency landscape as well as relationships with agency partners that might someday support our success.
- Experience in influencer marketing and partnering with celebrities useful.
- Sense of humor not required but undoubtedly helpful, as in the rest of life.