SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
As a Senior Program Manager on the Localization team, you’ll work with engineers, a range of product teams, marketing, and members of the Localization team to ensure scalable, efficient, timely, and on-budget localization processes. You will use these processes to help you ensure that your ongoing localization releases deliver the highest-possible quality user experience for our international customers. You will be on the constant lookout for ways to improve your localization processes, automating repeated tasks, streamlining workflows, simplifying handoffs and deliveries, and ensuring that localization scales with future demands.
You are collaborative,team-oriented, and willing and able to support a growing and dynamic localization team. You have a positive approach to problem solving and are not afraid to get your hands dirty in more technical issues, meanwhile having the awareness and humility to ask for engineering support as you need it. Lastly, you have the flexibility and versatility to adapt to the challenges of a growing company with a diverse product set.
- Work with other members of the localization team to continually improve existing localization and delivery, with a focus on upstream ease of development
- Engage and build relationship with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing) to ensure localization requirements are implemented and localization process is well understood
- Work with engineering teams across SurveyMonkey to ensure localizability best practices are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions
- Lead meetings with marketing, engineering, and QA teams to facilitate communication of the localization requirements and plans
- Support your assigned product and marketing team(s) to ensure that all releases are executed in an efficient and timely manner, and that all of the international customers get the best possible user experience in their language
- Evangelize, document, and teach all relevant aspects of the localization process to your assigned product, engineering, marketing, and design team(s) to make sure you are all on the same page and that they think of localization from the start, whenever they work on new features or changes to existing features, code, designs, and content
- Ensure smooth and scalable localization handoffs and deliveries with the localization vendor and maintain regular communications with them to ensure that both sides are set up for success on an ongoing basis
- Document your localization workflows and maintain an open communications channel with other localization team members so as to share ideas, best practices, and tools
- Communicate and document localization plans, progress, and issues within SurveyMonkey
- 8+ years of experience with localization project management
- BA/BS in linguistics or technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Understanding of localization platforms, CMS and CAT tools
- Ability to lead cross-functionally and communicate well (written and presentation)
- Culturally sensitive and the ability to work well with a diverse team
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to design and present compelling presentations
- Excellent English communication skills, both in writing and in speaking
- Knowledge of at least one non-English language
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.