Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Does __surveymonkey__ speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come. More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, to learn and grow with. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
As part of our automation team in this hands-on role, you will help lead QA efforts to plan, schedule, automate to test multi-tier applications in a rapid development environment. Explore new technology and trends in QA practices and develop new testing frameworks. Then, present these new awesome ideas to all stakeholders.
Additionally, mentor and help the SDET team to build awesome tools that empower and scale the abilities of the Quality Assurance team!
- Develop comprehensive test plans for new features and functions in the SurveyMonkey platform as they are planned and released
- Work through and execute manual and automated test runs according to the test plan prior to each release
- Author automation tests for SurveyMonkey web applications and services
- Advance our efforts with continuous integration & automated regression testing
- Admin and maintain QA testing frameworks and infrastructure.
- Work with contractors and be the main point of contact for the releases
- Also in this role you will help examine, validate, and test large scale software development projects and build intelligent systems across a variety of customer use cases.
- 5+ years of hands-on software automation testing
- Help manage testing infrastructure
- Experience leading web application testing from design to release
- Working knowledge of MySQL, Linux
- Distributed testing experience in a high availability CI / CD environment
- Familiarity with Docker, Ansible, TeamCity
- Familiarity with online Address Book products like GMail, Apple Contacts, Office365
- Experience with BrowserStack; GraphQL, React, NodeJS
- Experience writing Splunk queries and tools like New Relic
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.