SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
SurveyMonkey sits on top of a mountain behavioral, transactional, experimentation, user level, etc.. Our Growth Team is in need of a versatile, experienced analytics leader to help transform that mountain of data into key insights and to fuel our business growth.
We’re looking for a seasoned, business-oriented analyst that is excited to drive growth acceleration for an already fast-growing company. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on problem solver who will join the Growth leadership team to identify challenges and prioritize distinct opportunities from the data, and embrace a shared accountability for success of the business. You are a team player who can work with, and influence a broad set cross-functional partners from marketing, product, design, engineering, and finance to drive new sources of growth for SurveyMonkey.
The skills required to support our growth efforts are specialized, so prior “growth” and experimentation experience is highly desirable. You must possess the unique blend of business acumen and technical expertise:
- You think from both the user’s and business’ point of view.
- You are curious and ask lots of questions; you are eager to understand user behaviors and think about long-term trends.
- You examine the metrics that drive the business and you propose ways to improve them.
- You build hypotheses then use tools (SQL/Hive, R/Python, GA/Omniture, experimentation) to evaluate them.
- You have the ability to communicate the results of complex analyses and influence teammates in a clear, concise manner.
- You bring order and clarity to ambiguity.
This is a highly impactful, visible, and results-oriented team, so comfort working with executive leadership is important. You must be able to work across many areas of our product with rigor and quality. Prior experience with SEO, SEM, Email and other channels is beneficial since we partner closely with our performance and brand marketing teams closely.
- 7+ years of hands on analytics experience with time specifically focused on “growth” insights
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to understand business, challenges, structure complex problems and deliver solutions.
- Experience identifying key business opportunities and influencing investment decisions.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced work environment and be a self-starter.
- Highly proficient in accessing data warehouses (SQL, Hive, proprietary equivalents).
- Familiarity with R or Python a plus.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, analysis and design of experiments).
- Experience using common visualization tools (Tableau, Salesforce Wave would be a plus).
- Web analytics experience in tools like Google Analytics preferred.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.