SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
SRE is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to safely deliver large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
This role will be responsible for the paved road taking code from its inception through secure, flexible, reliable deployment into production with tools to observe reliability post production. This manager is able to provide in-depth technical leadership while developing the skillsets of their team. You will advocate and act as a subject matter expert for SurveyMonkey’s pipeline systems helping the engineering organization adopt and evolve best practices around continuous integration and delivery.
- Lead the design & development of the next generation of tools, frameworks, and processes that will be used to enhance the productivity of the entire Engineering team.
- Own and innovate on the build, test, and deploy pipeline infrastructure for SurveyMonkey to ensure smooth, reliable, and rapid releases as well as observability in production.
- Partner with engineering teams to determine key issues and challenges that need to be improved and determine effective solutions.
- Interact with engineers across the organization to deeply understanding their working requirements.
- Provide guidance to engineering teams on best practices around test automation, deployment, and observability techniques.
- Accelerate the rate at which your colleagues iterate on code and deliver features to customers.
- Hiring, coaching, goal-setting, and professional development of automation and site reliability engineers.
- Proven record of working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication and positive action.
- Solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs.
- Experience with test automation and deployment systems in highly distributed system across multiple datacenters.
- Extensive experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Develop and grow talented automation and infrastructure engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience.
- A minimum 10 years experience managing in a large scale, distributed environment.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.