SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are re-architecting our multi-user team platform to provide our enterprise customers with administration and collaboration capabilities. We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer who has a real passion for solving complex technical problems. We work closely with our product owners and our customers, iterating quickly to ensure we build the best solution for our users.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, build, and maintain our enterprise services across multiple data regions
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extendible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Design fault tolerant systems that can scale, and allow us to move quickly without impacting customer access
- Build observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor and guide engineers on best practices
- 12+ years of experience with backend web application development (we use Python)
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases (MySQL and MSSQL experience is a plus)
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with other people (not a solo hacker)
- Ability to work on in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it’s crunch time
- Practices automated testing, believes and enforces good code quality and best engineering practices
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with multi-region data center architecture
- Experience working with a distributed service-oriented architecture
- Experience building admin features in SaaS applications
- Experience with modern security and access control practices
- Experience with continuous integration (frequent deployments)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Material contributions to open source projects
- Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.