Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
SRE is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that SurveyMonkey’s internally critical and externally visible systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. SRE is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches focused on optimizing existing systems and eliminating work through automation.
SRE Managers not only have the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also empower and develop their teams to do the same. You will advocate and act as a subject matter expert for SurveyMonkey’s infrastructure within your area using communication to manage a variety of global initiatives.
- Gain and disseminate deep knowledge of our complex applications
- Partner with teams from across the organization to help tackle hard problems
- Perform analysis, troubleshooting, and introspection on core infrastructure components
- Drive standardization efforts across multiple disciplines
- Develop new software-based solutions to infrastructure engineering problems
- Hiring, coaching, goal-setting, and professional development of site reliability engineers
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication and positive action.
- Solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Knowledge of various aspects of service design: including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- A minimum 5 years experience managing in a large scale environment
- Willingness to contribute to the overall SRE and platform direction and act as a key contributor at the senior level.
- Ability to lead a lean, highly effective organization, making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed.
- Develop and grow talented operations engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
- You have excellent written communication, interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.