Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you'll love this role
You'll be involved in all aspects of StockX’s tax matters and have an excellent opportunity to help build out the tax function, including implementing processes and controls.
What you'll do
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filings, including U.S. corporate income tax returns, state corporate income tax returns, state and local sales tax returns, etc.
- Research and summarize U.S, state, local, and foreign tax issues
- Interpret and ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and foreign statutes, regulations, and legislation
- Monitor of federal, state, local, and foreign tax legislation
- Prepare for and assist with federal, state, local, and foreign tax audits
- Assist with the preparation of tax journal entries as well as the reconciliation of tax general ledger accounts
- Coordinate with internal and external parties, including StockX non-Tax team members
- Develop and implement process improvements and controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other four year degree with equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting; public accounting preferred
- CPA or plan to obtain CPA preferred
Nice to have skills
- Ability to communicate and work with internal and external parties, including non-Tax professionals;
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the various pay transparency laws/acts, the base salary range is $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation is dependent on geography and may vary.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.