Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Product Designer (UI/UX)
About the team
Delivering a great user experience is a core value at StockX, and the Product Design Team at StockX is passionate about doing just that. We collaborate with Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to build world class products. We play a vital role in the StockX customers’ day to day lives, by creating well thought out solutions backed by empathy and customer research, and aligned to our brand vision. We are a remote, but tightly knit team that cares deeply about our customers and our craft.
About the role
As a Product Designer at StockX you’ll be designing the current and next generation of our checkout and payments experiences. You’ve already designed and shipped a product from beginning to end, and you are able to articulate your work clearly and work well with your cross-functional stakeholders. In your role you’ll empathize with our customers’ needs, create scalable design systems, and deliver beautiful and intuitive interfaces for our customers. You’ll be called upon to work through design challenges large and small, from fine tuning our visual ui to mapping out complex workflows.
What you will do:
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to create world class user experiences
- Work closely with our Customer Research team to understand our customers’ needs and apply that knowledge to your designs
- Contribute to and advocate for our Design System
- Create Customer Journey Maps, Information Architecture, Wireframes, Hi Res Mocks, Prototypes, and Assets to communicate your concepts and handoff to engineering
- Represent the needs of our customers and advocate for good UX throughout the organization
- Participate in cross functional meetings and design thinking sessions
- Proficient in visual design applications. Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, etc.
- Thinking in scalable systems, not one-off solutions.
- Experience creating wireframes and site maps.
- Self directed and able to manage multiple projects in an agile environment
- Positive attitude and the knowledge that any design problem is interesting if you make it one.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to design experiences across multiple platforms, including web, mobile, iOS and Android.
- 2-3+ years designing for digital products.
- Experience with user experience research and usability studies.
- Familiarity with usertesting methodologies and tools like usertesting.com
In a world where consumers increasingly value self-expression and individuality, the market for hard-to-find fashion, collectibles, and electronics has never been hotter. Our global platform offers unique access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price.
With key leadership and an inspiring vision in place, we believe we’re poised for significant growth: into new product verticals, new audiences, and new geographies. To get there we’re looking for flexible, all-in teammates who are excited by ownership and the opportunity to take on emerging challenges.
If you’re a doer who’s ready to solve tough problems with plenty of laughs along the way, we’d love to hear from you. We welcome, embrace, and respect all dimensions of diversity. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members are valued, supported, and respected—and no, you don’t need to know a thing about sneakers or fashion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
StockX is proud to be a Detroit-based technology leader focused on the large and growing online market for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles, trading cards, and more. StockX's powerful platform connects buyers and sellers of high-demand consumer goods from around the world using dynamic pricing mechanics. This approach affords access and market visibility powered by real-time data that empowers buyers and sellers to determine and transact based on market value. The StockX platform features hundreds of brands across verticals including Jordan Brand, adidas, Nike, Supreme, BAPE, Off-White, Louis Vuitton, Gucci; collectibles from artists including KAWS and Takashi Murakami; and electronics from industry-leading manufacturers Sony, Microsoft, Nvidia, and Apple. Launched in 2016, StockX employs more than 1,000 people across offices and verification centers around the world.