Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
We’re looking for a Senior Director - Revenue Accounting to join our Finance Team as the owner of revenue accounting at StockX. You will be responsible for managing systems and teams that account for the millions of marketplace transactions StockX completes every month to ensure a successful revenue reporting close process.
You’ll work cross-functionally and collaborate with key business partners (FP&A, Tax, Payments, Data, Marketing, Engineering, and Product) to support various accounting and business initiatives while ensuring that it adheres to our accounting policies and controls, which you’ll play a significant role in refining, developing, and leading to meet public-company standards.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with key business partners to maintain and/or improve existing reconciliation system(s) and processes that will provide complete, timely, and accurate reporting of every transaction processed by StockX, including:
- Developing a monthly OCM (order-to-cash) reconciliation process including revenue recognized & payments made to sellers
- Ensuring transactions are accurately reflected in the subledgers at month-end by improving existing business rules and logic
- Properly remeasuring transactions in a foreign-denominated currency into USD
- Oversee revenue operations to develop strategy to reconcile orders weekly vs. monthly in an efficient and sustainable manner.
- Partner with key business leaders on various business initiatives to ensure Revenue Accounting can support proper revenue recognition, follow proper change control and minimize operational inefficiencies.
- Continually assess existing systems and develop a long-term systems strategy to support the growth of StockX.
- Develop key policies and guidelines around existing and future processes that will allow for transparency, efficiency and scalability.
- Continue to develop processes, reports, and analytics to support quarterly reviews and annual audit requirements.
- Continue to develop and/or improve key and secondary SOX controls around close, data management, systems and reporting.
- Lead, grow, and develop the existing team to support global accounting requirements to meet public-company standards.
- B.S. Degree in Finance / Accounting
- CPA license required
- 12+ years progressive financial and accounting experience
- Minimum 3+ years Big 4 public accounting experience required
- Minimum 7+ years leading large teams and dealing with various revenue systems
- Experience with and strong understanding of US GAAP, revenue recognition, FX remeasurement, and systems
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and grow existing team as well as develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
Nice to have skills
- E-commerce marketplace experience highly desirable
- Experience in high-growth technology companies a must (ideally e-commerce marketplaces) with ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the various pay transparency laws/acts, the base salary range is $180,000 to $243,000 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation is dependent on geography and may vary.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.