Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join the Edge Platform Team at StockX.
The Edge Platform Team runs a large scale federated GraphQL service to power a self-service API platform targeted at delivering trusted, reliable, and fast communication between client applications and services. Our team’s mission is to enable the success of engineers at StockX by providing tooling, training, and a platform to build upon.
As an engineer in the team, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to build a world-class team and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. At StockX, we’re just getting started.
- Research and implement cutting edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale
- Take responsibility for the performance and uptime of the services owned by the team by collecting metrics, participating in on-call rotations, monitoring production systems, debugging issues as they come up, and responding with a sense of urgency
- Help define the way engineers at StockX contribute to a robust, cohesive, low-latency API
- Work autonomously and within loosely defined requirements
- Work with other engineering teams to identify needs, pain points, and opportunities
- Mentor other software engineers to help bolster overall team competency
- Overall 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in service-oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Some experience with GraphQL, preferably in a federated model
- Experience managing and/or implementing an API gateway preferred
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- You have built highly resilient and scalable services
- Possess a strong understanding of what makes a system scalable and how to avoid future bottlenecks.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.