Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About The Role
We are looking for motivated, highly enthusiastic technology leads to join our agile team creating resilient distributed applications which scale seamlessly with our business growth. Our engineers are empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at our fast-growing company.
Our technical stack comprises various systems and services built on Amazon Web Services. We use GraphQL, GoLang, NodeJS, CircleCI, Kubernetes, LaunchDarkly and Datadog.
- Work with product owners, internal stakeholders, program managers and engineering managers to crystallize ambiguous requirements and propose resilient technical solutions which scale to future business needs.
- Lead senior and junior engineers in the team to take these proposed solutions and architect and design them.
- Efficiently break up large system designs and guide the junior team members in detailed component design. Help the team to implement, deploy and monitor systems and services.
- Propose and adopt best engineering practices and guide development standards.
- Foster a growth mindset culture. Be a team player. Contribute to and follow team processes for better sprint outcomes.
- Apply considerations around security, scalability, reliability, and performance while proposing and building solutions.
- Use sound technical judgment to consider technology alternatives, impact on affected and adjacent systems, and design choice tradeoffs.
- Demonstrate complete ownership of services for your area of work. Participate in supporting your systems and services through any system upgrades, live site issues and others.
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users for resolving issues.
- 8 - 12 years of relevant development experience.
- Experience with distributed architecture. Proficiency in one or more back-end languages used by the team (NodeJS, GoLang) or equivalent experience in another language and a willingness to learn and get up to speed quickly.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills. Ability to say No.
- Understanding of data storage -> relational DBMS like Postgres and non relational DBMS like DynamoDB.
- Familiarity with event-based architecture and with related technologies like kafka, SNS, SQS etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms - Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Strong experience with working in an Agile environment.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.