Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Technical Revenue Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team as a leader of global revenue accounting at StockX. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and understanding critical strategic initiatives that have an impact to revenue, while providing guidance and establishing policies in alignment with ASC 606 in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
You’ll develop strong partnerships with FP&A, Tax, Payments and Marketing to gain up-to-date business insights and provide technical revenue accounting support for new product offerings and initiatives. In addition, you will gain a strong understanding of Revenue Operations and partner closely with team members involved in the revenue month end close to ensure that technical conclusions can be prioritized and incorporated into the existing close cycle. You will report directly into the Director of Revenue, and play a key role in the growth and development of an expanding revenue accounting team.
What you'll do
- Establish critical revenue accounting policies and documentation of technical accounting conclusions in alignment with ASC 606 guidance, present key topics to leadership, cross-functional teams, and external auditors
- Be an expert and the main resource on Technical Revenue Accounting topics and lead the team in staying up-to-date with latest guidance and best practices
- Partner closely with Finance, Marketing, and the business to gain insights and provide accounting input on the latest strategic initiatives, product launches, new marketing deals and any other opportunities that have an impact on revenue accounting
- Design, implement and perform accounting controls as it relates to review of new product launches, contract review, and accounting policies
- Build a strong understanding of Revenue Operations and incorporate considerations for efficiency of month end close when representing Revenue Accounting
- Communicate regularly with Revenue Operations team members to relay key developments as it relates to new products and initiatives that have an impact to close
- Support the growth and development of direct reports and provide mentorship and guidance to the wider accounting team
- Lead discussions with external auditors and support audit requirements
- B.S. Degree in Finance / Accounting
- CPA license required, Big 4 audit/advisory experience a plus
- Minimum 8 years progressive financial and accounting experience
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Highly adaptable with proven ability to assess technical accounting implications of new initiatives, and articulate relevant details to the impacted teams
- Proven ability to grow and develop high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or strong knowledge of month end close processes and controls preferred
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.