Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
You are part of a highly dynamic and innovative engineering team working on the latest technologies and in the exciting fast-growing company. The Software Quality Engineering team is responsible for performing in-scrum, acceptance, integration, system, performance test activities for all Web and Mobile StockX applications. As a SDET Lead, you will lead a team of Software Development Engineers in Test in advancing our automated testing strategies and tooling. You will work with other leaders in product development to understand company business strategy and how our efforts align to company goals. You will coach and motivate your team to solve exciting and unique testing challenges, leveraging the latest tools and processes. You will both oversee and contribute to designing, developing, and maintaining automated tests for our web and mobile applications. You will play an integral leadership role in driving innovative solutions and delivering high quality software for our customers.
What you'll do
- Mentor Quality Engineering Team
- Work with the QE team to define, design, and implement test automation frameworks. Leads the development of standards, best practices, and SOPs for the QE functions.
- Coach members of your team to expand their technical competencies and to utilize the best software engineering practices
- Collaborate with Development and QE Leadership to advance our automated testing processes and how they interact with other roles in the department
- Conduct regular code reviews, as well as test plan reviews, for quality and consistency
- Test Architecture and Strategy
- Contribute to the long-term roadmap and planning to enhance the organization's testing capabilities
- Analyze product requirements and customer use cases to make recommendations on automation testing strategies
- Coordinate functional, integration, contract, regression, and load testing strategies with Development and QE Leadership
- Evaluate tooling to determine if we have the right tools to build and maintain high quality test suites
- Build and Maintain Tests
- Plays a SDET lead role in ongoing initiatives and projects focusing on quality and timely delivery. Tests all new functionality, scalability, performance, concurrent usage, security, and regression scenarios thoroughly.
- Build automated test suites to exercise our web and mobile application using Webdriver.io, Appium, Cucumber, and TypeScript
- Build and maintain backend test framework for end to end, integration, and contract testing
- Coach the team in finding solutions to common day-to-day testing problems by analyzing integration and regression testing failures
- Deliver High-Quality Software
- Significant experience utilizing debugging tools, conducting root cause analysis conducting fixes where possible
- Work from a deep understanding of customer perspectives, software engineering and quality practices
- Oversee execution of automated tests and report on results throughout the software development life cycle
- Provide visibility into automation performance with metrics and reporting
- Champion delivering high-quality software releases across web and mobile platforms
- Minimum of 4 years experience with object-oriented programming languages and techniques C#, Java, or TypeScript
- Minimum of 4 years experience developing and maintaining test automation for Web & Mobile Applications
- Minimum of 2 years providing senior level technical leadership or leading a QE team
- Full working knowledge of Github and its best practices as well as the CI/CD process
- Solid understanding of QE tools and automated testing environments
- Experience in developing end-to-end tests, Integration tests, contract tests for complex Microservices Architecture
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions among software development engineers
- Ability to analyze feature requirements, design feature strategies, and selectively automate that test strategy to optimize test coverage, minimize the likelihood of uncaught defects, while maintaining an accelerated feature velocity.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum QE environment
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.