Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the Role
StockX is seeking an experienced, business-minded Deputy General Counsel to join the leadership of our in-house legal team and lead corporate development and strategic transactions. The Deputy General Counsel will also be expected to mentor legal team members and assist the General Counsel with legal operations and thought partnership in building out an international legal team. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter; be able to handle multiple and diverse issues at once; be comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; and be able to balance StockX’s business goals with legal risk. A minimum of 10 years’ experience is an absolute requirement, with a preference for experience in-house at a publicly-traded technology company. This role reports to the General Counsel.
What you will do
- Overseeing strategic transactions, such as M&A, international expansion, and strategic partnerships.
- Providing direct guidance to the executive leadership team and all areas of the business, including Finance, Corporate Development, Product/Tech, Customer Service, Supply Chain and International teams.
- Preparing and reviewing board and committee materials; development and management of our corporate governance programs; and advising on all other board related matters.
- Providing mentorship and leadership to the entire legal team.
- Assisting the General Counsel with legal operations matters, such as budgeting, hiring, and structure of the legal team as we scale to support an international company in hyper growth mode.
- Overseeing and providing support for all other legal matters as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited law school and active member of a state bar in good standing.
- 10+ years’ experience in a nationally-recognized law firm or in-house (or combination of both) is an absolute requirement. At least 5 years of such experience should include extensive experience working on financings, M&A and/or strategic partnership matters.
- Experience advising or working at publicly traded technology companies, venture-backed emerging companies or e-commerce companies is a strong plus.
- Experience working on international transactions and formation of international entities.
- Strong verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate legal concepts and risks in plain English.
- Consistently demonstrate strong common sense, good business judgment and an ability to balance legal and business risks in a high-growth environment.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.