Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Our mission requires that users have deep trust in the company where they store their personal information. We are looking for a Senior Director, Data Protection Officer (DPO) & Technical Risk to join us on this mission. You will report directly to StockX’s Chief Information Security Officer.
The candidate will be responsible for establishing data management and compliance goals, strategies, communications, governance models, and plans necessary to establish and maintain the appropriate business and operational strategy. This includes the development and implementation of the data governance, protection, and privacy programs for the protection of data throughout its lifecycle. Additionally, the role will work with stakeholder to define applicable requirements in all of StockX’s relevant jurisdictions.
Because you will identify and mitigate risks, you will have knowledge of applicable federal, state, and international data privacy laws, regulations, and standards. You will have a knowledge of technology operations as they relate to data privacy compliance and standard contract components and contract language, with an emphasis on data privacy contract provisions. You will be passionate about talent development while motivating high performers toward excellence. You will be passionate about the people and the business. You will review and assess technology, processes, and controls; utilizing industry best practices and make recommendations on areas of improvement.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a corporate Data Protection and Privacy strategy that is inclusive of the applicable data privacy and protection legal and/or regulatory requirements
- Establish and maintain Board approved Data Protection and Privacy policies, procedures, and protocols
- Collaborate with the Chief Information Security Officer for the purpose of increasing employee awareness of data privacy and information security issues and developments through training programs and communication campaigns
- In collaboration with Corporate Compliance coordinate and perform Data Privacy Audits
- Develop and implement strategy intended to establish data encryption for personal information
- Collaborate with the Information Security functions to maintain records of all data assets and exports, and to maintain a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications, and responses to subject access requests.
- Manages a team of Data Protection Engineers, GRC Analysts in support of data protection and risk management processes
- Develop and implement a corporate program for the purpose of establish and maintaining cross-functional team relationships and outcomes.
- Collaborate with Legal to establish and maintain a procedure for the identification, analysis, and communication of data privacy case law and newly enacted or amended data privacy & protection legislation and regulations and to develop a corporate compliance strategy in response to such case law, legislation and regulation.
- Build partnerships with peers across Product Development, Compliance, Legal, Privacy, and others to accomplish joint projects.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and personal integrity in the exercise of duties, including the ability to professionally address confidential matters.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence in the group's knowledge of, and concerns for, business, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Proven experience leading global teams, projects and implementations.
- Knowledge of operating in a complex, global environment.
- Ability to coach, motivate and develop careers of others within a global team.
- Certifications: CIPP, CIPM, CRM, CIPT, CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business administration, law, finance, accounting, computer science or similar discipline is required.
- 10 years of hands-on experience in Information Security, Governance, Risk Compliance, Data Privacy, Data Protection role.
- IAPP membership and attendance at annual IAPP Global Privacy Summit
- In-depth knowledge of network security, application security, cryptography, SDLC security tools/practices, threat management, penetration testing, abuse, fraud, security compliance, incident response and governance.
- Experience developing, implementing or creating information security systems with a strong understanding of information security regulatory requirements and compliance issues such as GDPR, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, European Privacy Directive, CCPA, and NIST CSF.
- Strong understanding of VPN, anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering, endpoint security solutions to include file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention, AWS security tools: SecurityHub, GuardDuty, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, and Crowdstrike.
- Technical understanding of how threats like Spam, Phishing, Bots, DDoS Attacks, Brute Force Attacks, SQL Injections, XSS, Trojan Horses are executed and how to protect our resources from them.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.