Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the People Experience team
We love what we do. The People Experience team at StockX is passionate about driving and supporting everything that makes StockX a remarkable experience for team members, contractors, and candidates. Join our team and you’ll have a chance to grow your career in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work with great people, and be a part of important change and initiatives in all areas of the team member lifecycle. If you want to have fun, do meaningful work on a dream team, and make a difference - all while working at one of the hottest startups anywhere - we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
The Vice President of Talent Acquisition leads our global Recruiting team, providing direction and best practices for crafting an exceptional candidate experience and recruiting top talent around the globe. Responsible for brand building, process improvement, analytics, and best practices that help us find the diverse talent needed to win. Building infrastructure, and growing the capabilities/efficiencies of the recruiting team and our hiring managers through a partnership model with the business functions, the VP of TA will also be cross-functionally involved in all HR related initiatives as a member of the HR leadership team. This person will ensure the TA team is widely viewed as crucial business partners and is one step ahead in meeting our current and future talent needs.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this role has two strong Directors and a team of ~15 global recruiters. Our preference is for this candidate to be based in Detroit, although that’s negotiable.
What you will do
The Vice President, Talent Acquisition will have a number of critical responsibilities focused on partnering with the business functions, developing the recruiting team, scaling our processes, and evolving our employee value proposition strategy.
Passionate about diversity:
- We are passionate about diversity, and this role has arguably the largest impact on the company in ensuring we bring diverse talent into the organization.
- You will partner with our D&I leader, our HR leaders, and members of the executive team to ensure our hiring practices - and results - are aligned with our diversity goals.
Scaling our processes & metrics:
- We are a startup; there are some foundational areas requiring focus. You will work with your team to ensure best-in-class recruiting strategies, methods, tools, processes, and programs.
- With your team, build robust talent pipelines that tap into targeted universities, companies, regions, and technical communities.
Building an employment brand and external presence:
- With a focus on developing a strong employment brand for StockX, you’ll partner with our marketing team to incorporate our value proposition into recruiting processes, tools, events, and social media strategies, while creating an exceptional candidate experience.
Partnering with stakeholders:
- A trusted advisor to internal leaders, you’ll spend time strategizing on organizational design, compensation structure, and responsibilities of each role, while executing on workforce planning strategies, using data to determine both short and long-term recruiting plans.
Continue to build upon an extraordinary Recruiting team:
- An experienced leader, you’ll develop high-performing recruiting professionals through ongoing opportunities for professional development, mentorship, and coaching, and by sharing knowledge and best practices within the team, while scaling the Talent Acquisition team globally, ensuring we have the right resource allocation to support the business.
Collaborative focus in all interactions:
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build relationships quickly, you’ll provide recruitment coaching and learning opportunities to hiring managers, ensuring best and leading-edge practices, while positively and appropriately influencing executives, colleagues, and peers to further our goals.
- Minimum of 15 years progressively responsible HR experience, with significant experience driving a global Talent Acquisition function.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience leading a team, including experience leading a global team.
- Experience recruiting in Engineering and for high volume/hourly roles.
- Experience having scaled a recruiting department during a fast-paced growth period.
- Fun, collaborative, authentic, transparent.
- Proven track record of setting strategies and executing.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.