Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth.
Exciting new market entry as part of our growth plans
As we enter a new stage in our organization’s growth, we are in a process of opening our very first Tech Hub outside of Germany. As a Tech company, we see a very strong compatibility in building our next tech home in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are very excited to build a strong presence in the overall Ukraine tech and scale up scene!
Currently, we are working with our partners in Ukraine to start hiring and integrating our future colleagues in Kiev within the Solarisbank family. For further questions on the recruiting information and stages, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our talent team on email@example.com.
About your future team
You will be working as a (Senior) Data Engineer in our Data Platform Team working closely with experts in data engineering, data warehousing and analytics. Our main goal is to ensure the data availability for internal and external processes and to deliver exceptional analyses to ensure excellent business decision-making. We work closely together with our five cross-functional business units as well as our internal functional teams. Your main contributions would be to ensure we have a state-of-the-art tech platform on which the team can deliver the reports and insights needed by our product and functional teams.
Depending on your level of experience, your responsibilities and scope of role will range . We don’t care much about fancy titles, but rather about real personal and professional development, as laid out in our learning framework. Let’s figure together out how you can contribute to our team.
As a (Senior) Data Engineer you will:
- Design, develop, and operate the tools and infrastructure that we need to work with data, all the way from data ingestion to visualization of results
- Take end-to-end ownership of our tools and services
- Automate repetitive tasks into code that can be reused
- Deliver quality code in an efficient manner
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, agile coaches and product owners
Who are you?
- You have solid experience with Python
- You have experience working with Terraform (or not afraid to have hands on infrastructure)
- You have experience working with AWS Cloud services (e.g., Athena, ECS, IAM, etc.)
- You are a proactive peer and help the growth of your team
- You’re comfortable writing high-quality software
- You understand agile workflows and lean principles
- You strive for simplicity, reliability and pragmatism
- You communicate well in written and verbal English
- You can (or have passion to) develop and maintain Go projects
- You are familiar with DWH solutions (Redshift, Snowflake)
- You are familiar with orchestration tools such as Airflow and data serialization formats such as Avro and Parquet
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than Solarisbank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Information on data processing:
To all recruitment agencies: Solarisbank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solarisbank’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. Solarisbank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.