We’re seeking an Accounting Associate, Drug Discovery, to help us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Accounting team, you’ll play a key role in tracking our company’s financial wellbeing. Using your outstanding organizational skills and keen eye for problem-solving, you’ll help set us up for continued success!
Who will love this job:
- A detail-oriented accountant who can read, analyze, and interpret business documents and correspondence in a timely fashion
- An effective business writer with a professional demeanor
- An excellent communicator and team player who enjoys a collaborative environment
- A financial professional with a passion for science or our mission to improve human health
What you’ll do:
- Support the Drug Discovery Group and Alliance Management team by working directly with consultants and Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Reconcile transaction issues using problem solving and communication skills
- Provide financial, administrative, and clerical support to the organization
- Manage expense detail and project reporting
- Create purchase orders to be sent directly to vendors
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to resolve billing inconsistencies and obtain authorization for expenditures
- Participate in monthly close process by ensuring expenses are posted accurately, timely and according to internal accounting policies
- Analyze expense transactions to assist in the monthly accruals process
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- At least two years of accounting, accounts payable, or procurement experience (a business degree with an emphasis in accounting is preferred)
- Excellent reading, writing, and interpretive abilities, particularly in the context of official business documents and correspondence
- Deep familiarity with accounting software systems, specifically the accounts payable module
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word (Apple Mac, Google G-Suite, Anaplan, Coupa and NetSuite experience is a plus!)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We’ve been working remotely from across the world over the past year because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger’s outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.