We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We have set the record for the largest scientific cloud computing run and our software suites continue to transform the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the applications we’ve created.
As a member of our European Applications Science team, you’ll train and guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites, focusing on supporting biologics research, protein design and other challenging problems in computational drug discovery.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application) - specifically, someone who understands the design and analysis of novel biologic drugs, such as antibody or peptide modelling
- An excellent communicator, explainer, and presenter
- A creative “people person” who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who takes ownership of projects and manages time well
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitation of interactions between customers, and product development teams and general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting-edge scientific research and provide best practices for modeling automation to our customers
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Solid experience in structure-based modeling of macromolecules
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector in one of the following areas: Antibody, enzyme, or peptide modeling; protein-protein docking; or molecular dynamics simulations
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Willingness to travel about 20% of the time
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Enhanced sampling dynamics/free energy calculations
- Computational small molecule drug design
- Python programming
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.