We’re looking to hire a Senior Toxicologist to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger aims to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We’re seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. We also engage with Contract Research Organizations (CRO) and Consultants. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past seven years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- A highly self-motivated, driven individual with an extensive toxicology background
- An experienced manager and coordinator who can handle multiple projects in a timely and effective manner
- A veteran designer of exploratory and GLP toxicology studies for discovery screens and regulatory submissions
- A toxicology study manager who enjoys working with CRO partners
- A highly-organized problem-solver who has excellent communication, presentation, and critical thinking skills
What you’ll do:
- Lead toxicology efforts from drug candidates selection through IND filing
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team efforts and implement program-specific toxicology strategies to support compound and program progression
- Design and monitor exploratory and GLP-compliant toxicology studies at CRO partners
- Write and review toxicology reports and documentation for regulatory filings
What you should have:
- A PhD in pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline, with a minimum of ten years of industry experience preferred