Precision for Medicine is the first global precision medicine clinical research services organization, purpose-built to improve the clinical research and development process for new therapeutics. Our novel approach integrates clinical operations excellence, with laboratory expertise, and advanced data sciences to inform every step. We apply our expertise to trials at all stages—from early development through approval—with embedded experience in oncology and rare disease. With over 2000 dedicated professionals and 35 offices worldwide, we stand ready to help accelerate life-changing treatments anywhere around the globe. Won’t you join us today as a Senior Director, Global Alliance Manager?
Provides strategic direction across PFM to ensure compliance and consistent delivery for alliance partners. Responsible for managing Precision Lab customer relationships and supporting project delivery teams in a client facing role, as well as developing and implementing the systems, processes, and tools to enable effective account review and collaboration across teams, sites, and businesses within Precision. This role operates within Precision’s Project Management function and is focused on Alliance Management for lab services across multiple Precision lab sites and service areas. Collaborates and influences functional leads and other key internal stakeholders on operational and strategic priorities to promote collaboration and creativity to achieve alliance goals. Monitors and influences internal operations to minimize potential for risk and maximize customer satisfaction. Responsible for achieving for overall alliance partner financial and operational goals, as assigned. Collaborates with leadership in all functional areas to develop and improve processes. Works with Business Development to secure new business through customer engagement, proposal development, and successful project delivery. Collaborates with other Alliance Managers to achieve Project Leadership goals. May be responsible for evaluating, co-developing, and/or implementing customer specific alliance and partnership business processes, inclusive of change management.
- Establishes policies and procedures appropriate for the function. Interprets and recommends modifications to company-wide policies and practices. Develops and is responsible for budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management and results assessed from a relatively long-term perspective.
- Interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external management and/or representatives.
- Communicates alliance and partnership expectations, applicable corporate goals, key customer specific.
- Updates, Master Service Agreement(s) (MSAs) terms and customer-specific rules of engagement as it relates to overall program, project or service-level delivery.
- Creates, compiles, and manages operational, quality and financial standards by utilizing systems, tools and reports to identify trends in risks and/or issues (i.e., key performance indicators, key quality indicators, key relationship indicators, etc.) that present opportunities to leverage risk mitigation or PfM solutions across the portfolio and/or a single study/contract.
- Ensures timely and thorough follow-up to actions identified at alliance or partnership level.
- Partners with cross functional leadership on the continuous development and improvement of business processes to support teams and to ensure that work is uniform, complete, and managed appropriately.
- Develops excellent working relationships with internal colleagues and leaders responsible for the delivery of projects and services to improve information exchange, project delivery, and understanding between groups. Ensures coordination across geographies, laboratory sites, and functions and achieves superior delivery of projects and services.
- Assist Business Development team to enable business expansion of the portfolio (e.g. bid defenses and capability meetings)
- Serves as a customer's operations point of contact, and escalation support person for operational issues/discussions.
- Communicates with sponsors regularly to identify potential problem areas and acts quickly to remove the risk/resolve the issue.
- May represents Operations at the governance level and contributes to the compilation of goals and business plan objectives for the strategic partnership.
- May have responsibility for people management of other Alliance Managers; may conduct projects and corporate initiatives to further the Project Leadership strategic goals.
- Bachelor's degree in a life science or related field (e.g. engineering)
- 15+ years of project management experience and 7+ years of customer management responsibility
- In some cases, an equivalency consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role
- Expertise in leadership and management with reputation as emerging leader with sustained performance and accomplishment
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Strategic negotiation, marketing, and organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of project management principles and application
- Strong financial acumen with advanced knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and resource management.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory guidelines and directives
- Proven skills in process improvement
- Knowledge of laboratory and laboratory terminology
- Able to read, write, and fluently speak and comprehend the English language
- Proven track record of being a team player, willing to interact proactively and productively
- Must possess a valid driver's license; must be able to travel both domestically and internationally, including overnight stays (~25%)
- Master’s or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related field
- Experience in cellular, molecular, or biochemical science such as hands-on research or lab experience in cellular biomarker analysis, protein-based assays, next-generation sequencing, IHC, or PK/PD assays
- Experience with project management software
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.