Due to exciting changes, Precision for Medicine are hiring an Associate Director, Clinical Work Orders to support and develop the team to drive contracting processes in the most efficient manner to support the continued growth of Precision for Medicine!
Do you have experience within clinical research in Proposals and Contracts development? Are you looking for the next step in your career and to take on a new challenge with a specialist global CRO?
The Associate Director, Clinical Work Orders, is a key position within the business development of Precision for Medicine that will play a critical role in coordinating and scaling the department for continued growth and global expansion. This position will be responsible for managing and supporting more senior-level team members in the management of the Precision for Medicine Proposals and Business Operations Department.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of his/her direct reports or team members; managing assigned workload and ensuring deliverables are developed and delivered according to department best practices. This may include contracting for newly awarded work, consulting and standalone agreements, and RFIs.
- Coaching and development of team, including recruitment into new positions as required
- Maintain trackers, reports, and metrics for assigned book of work
- Development of deliverables such as but not limited to contracts for complex and/or high-profile clients and/or urgent requests
- Assists in the creation of departmental processes related to but not limited to: RFI development, Contract development
- Awareness of monthly/quarterly/annual corporate contracting targets.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the contracting process, including status of legal language, budget updates, financial terms, etc.
- Proactively checking in with parties involved to understand status and solutioning any roadblocks.
- Participate in internal team meetings pertaining to contract development, as needed, ensuring that Sponsor needs are being addressed to avoid any delays in progress to executed contract.
- Work with Business Development and Sponsors to understand the sponsor review and signature process.
- Support the achievement of company sales goals by optimizing contracting timelines to signature
- Support contract negotiation discussions with clients and facilitate any follow-up actions internally
- Support contracting methodologies such as discounts, bonus/penalty, milestones, etc.
- Support the training and onboarding of all new employees
- Support training of company resources on contracting best practices
- Provide excellent customer service to all parties involved in the contracting and RFI processes
- Adhere to strict code of confidentiality as it relates to study subjects, sponsors, physicians, and policies and procedures of Precision for Medicine
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience ideally in a business, scientific or healthcare discipline
- 10 or more years proposal and contract development experience within a CRO or equivalent relevant experience and/or demonstrated competencies.
- No routine travel is expected for this position; however, periodic local travel to clients and vendors may be required.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Fluency in English
- Master knowledge of industry standards relating to proposal development, and contracts including budgeting, document language processes for creation etc.
- Demonstrates mastery knowledge of relevant Precision for Medicine’s SOPs
- Exhibits high self-motivation, and is able to work and plan independently as well as in a team environment
- Consultative and collaborative approach when dealing with customers and internal team members
- Hands-on collaborative style
- Calm and competent approach to line management
- Data-driven and focused on results over activity
- Present a professional company image and presence
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and sell his/her ideas at all levels. Listens well and seeks input from others.
- Focuses on continuous improvement, including the ability to make proactive assessments on how to make processes more efficient and people more effective.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, processes, and strategies to improve the department and ensure the success of sales for the company
- Knowledge of the industry, inclusive of competitors
- Unquestionable personal integrity
- Computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
About Precision for Medicine
Precision medicine is revolutionizing the attack on cancer—and we are passionate about helping our clients harness its power. We strike tumors on a molecular level using biomarkers to link specific mutations to specific treatments. We combine deep science with deep data from advanced technological platforms, then layer on specialized expertise in the design and execution of targeted, adaptive clinical trials. Ultimately, we deliver robust insights that inform real-time decisions—and optimize the oncology development pathway.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.