Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
In addition to working with a product that customers already know and love, you will be well-supported in this role by our Sales, Customer Success, Developer Relations, and Engineering teams.
What You'll Do
- Help drive enterprise sales by nurturing prospects and supporting Strategic and Enterprise customers
- Conduct discovery, qualification, technical demos, and proof of value workshops with prospective customers looking to shift to an API-first development culture
- Handle Postman technical questions or objections and provide solutions or workarounds to address customer needs
- Understand deeply our customers workflows today and how they can adopt API-first development best practices
- Share customer feedback with appropriate teams and provide general customer advocacy
- Remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape, current trends, and challenges in the API market
- Create proof of concept integrations, tooling, and workflows as needed to support prospective customers
- Maintain and develop customer sandbox environments and best practices of working with the product
- Act as a technical intermediary between sales and other teams to best fit our customers needs
- 4+ years of enterprise sales/solutions engineering experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Remote work friendly, with ability to travel up to 40%
- Loves teamwork and collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- Customer facing experience and comfortable engaging all levels of technologists including individual developers, QA, product, and engineering leaders
- Experience engaging senior management and executive audiences to convey Postman's value proposition
- Capable of forging deep, long-lasting relationships with Strategic customers
- Strong understanding of APIs, and experience with producing and consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and DevOps with an appreciation of the software development life cycle
- Comfortable with the enterprise SaaS sales process and common security concerns of cloud services
- Experience executing enterprise sales strategies and sales methodologies like MEDDIC, Challenger Sale, Command of the Message, etc.
- Excellent listener that seeks to understand what a customer is trying to achieve rather than pre-supposing solutions
- Familiar with typical developer tooling: IDEs, Git, CI/CD, monitoring services, microservices, containers, cloud computing services, etc.
- Fast learner, excited and willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?