Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world. Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
At Nu Colombia, our Internal Auditors protect Nu while challenging traditional audit by embracing technology. It’s the auditors' job to assess the internal controls of Nu main risks and provide assurance, advisory, and insights about them, helping our company grow healthy.
Truly great Internal Auditors at Nu will go beyond the traditional audit, pursuing innovation with freedom. Will always work hard to add value, taking no shortcuts and not being picky with small issues. Following this path will be recognized in the market as a pioneer in technology-based audit techniques.
As a Senior Analyst Audit, you'll be expected to:
- Participate and conduct audit fieldworks, through test execution including data analysis as well as production of the final report together with the team;
- Identify issues and discussion with relevant stakeholders;
- Follow-up of action plans to ensure their correct implementation;
- Participate in continuous assessment of risks through data and risk analysis and preparation of annual audit plan;
- You will be an Internal Audit reference in Finance for auditors and other areas of Nubank, interacting with stakeholders from the first and second lines of defense. You will also act as a knowledge multiplier, sharing your experience and training other auditors to elevate the team's technical skills, while actively participating in Internal Audit's strategic projects.
- And you'll be doing all this in an environment full of new technologies and tools, having to continually study and understand the environment as Nubank evolves and changes, with the freedom and incentive to create new and more efficient ways of assessing the company's risks.
We are looking for a Controllership Analyst who has:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in accounting or economic science;
- At least 5 years experience as a financial accountant, financial analyst or business accountant, external auditor (Big Four) or internal auditor specialized in Finance Risk within a financial institution;
- A thorough understanding of accounting and other finance processes such as public company reporting; SOX and internal control: financial statements audits;
- Knowledge of financial market regulations, including prudential/capital regulation, Basel and specially regulations across Latin America;
- Solid analytical background. Must be comfortable manipulating data to perform audits. Programming is not required but candidates need to display interest in learning basic data analysis skills (SQL, Python, R);
- Advanced English skills;
- Great team player, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills;
- Hands-on and willing to get hands dirty on execution;
- Strong prioritization and organization skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently;
Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Equity at Nu
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- NuLanguage Program
- NuCare Program
- Extended Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will be working from home for 7 weeks and 1 at the office (Bogotá).