Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
Operational Risk Squad is a defensive function, with the purpose to make risk management a source of competitive advantage for Nubank by helping the business to put the spotlight on the most relevant operational risks through smart, efficient controls and automation, built and operated by talented, diverse professionals.
About the role
- Deep knowledge and experience in the application of operational risk concepts and methodologies, including, but not limited to, mapping of processes and controls, identification of risks and causes, assessment of inherent risk and residual risk, tests of controls, key risk indicators, management of issues, losses and action plans;
- Understand investment products from the Brazilian market, including mainly Fixed Income, Variable Income, Mutual Funds, Crypto, and Treasury;
- Deep knowledge and experience in presentations to senior management and governance forums, for the assembly and consolidation of risk information in an executive manner.
- Good communication and ability to work collaboratively with the team as well as ability to communicate information accurately, clearly and as intended in PT and EN languages to all seniority levels in the first, second and third line of defense;
- Experience in investment products from the Brazilian market;
- Experience working with processes mapping, internal controls testing and operational risk management;
- Great presentation skills for Committees and Governance Forum's;
- Data Analytics skills (SQL, SCALA, PHYTON);
- PQO Compliance;
- Upper Intermediate/Advanced English.
- Knowledge of tools and systems for risk management (GRC Tools, like: SAP MIC, Service Now, Bwise);
- Experience in BCM, OCP, DRP, BIA, RTO, RPO;
- Empower the 1st line of defense to become world class risk managers.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.