We are looking for a Network engineer with experience in delivery and operation of IT infrastructure for small (<US$1M / <50VMs) and large scale (>US$10M/ >1000VMs) servers Infrastructure in private clouds (VMware &/OpenStack) and in Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) delivering automation at the operational level and also for the monitoring of infrastructure who has participated in the project HLD/ LLD, hardware, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS installation, application commissioning, network integration, interoperability tests, acceptance tests procedures. (ATPs).
Experience in Operation & Maintenance during the commercial stage in large IT infrastructure for production environments using Linux and working also with the infrastructure network, storage and virtualization with a DevOps culture and SRE approach.
Responsible for services SLO and system availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
Why are Network Engineers important to Nubank?
Just like Nubank is customer-focused, our team also aims to offer the best experience and solutions for all everyday issues and tasks. And who are our customers? All Nubankers.
Our team is responsible for delivering automation at the operational level and also for the monitoring of infrastructure. We work directly to make the experience of Nubankers more comfortable. We also use resources from different chapters and squads within the ITOps tribe and all of Nubank to make our work more efficient.
We also gather metrics to ensure the decisions we make are the right ones, always keeping an eye at the root cause so that we can provide a unique solution.
Desired Skills and experience
• Medium to Advance Routing knowledge in protocols like BGP and OSPF on brands like Cisco, Juniper FortiGate Palo-Alto and AWS.
• Advance Switching protocols and EVPN deployments (Juniper experience is a plus).
• Advance Security skills and knowledge in Firewalls (FortiGate and Palo-Alto is a plus).
• Medium to Advance Data Center knowledge. On prem solutions like EVPN in Juniper Spine Leaf environment, with XVLANs.
• Medium to Advance Cloud deployments knowledge preferably AWS. Experience with VPC, Routes, Security Groups, EC2 Transit Gateways, VPC peering VPN to VPC and Direct connect.
• Advance WIFI knowledge preferably in Aruba, WIFI deployment in large companies with controllers and concepts like SSID, channels, Wireless Tunning and how to troubleshoot Wireless Users.
• Medium to Advance troubleshooting Skills for multi-vendor networks environments.
• Providers Handling. Ticket for support to brands and ISPs.
• Availability to participate on ON-CALLs rotation.
• Experience with Monitoring tools (CheckMK and New Relic is a plus).
• High level reports and being able to generate postmortem analysis.
• Medium automation knowledge and experience with network devices monitoring tools.
• Programming and coding knowledge for network processes and implementation (is a plus).
• Willing to teach and learn from the team.
• Ownership mindset on projects and activities.
- A competitive compensation package, including the opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank.
- 15 days paid vacation per year.
- 1-month salary year-end bonus “aguinaldo”.
- Food allowance “vales de despensa”.
- Health insurance & Dental plan.
- Life insurance.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nu recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.