Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About Corporate Strategy
Corporate Strategy plays a critical role within Nubank's overall mission of fighting complexity and empowering people to take control of their financial lives. The team analyzes, develops and promotes structured, disciplined business growth, by (i) developing Nubank proprietary views on critical macro trends; (ii) by evaluating new verticals and geographical expansion opportunities; and (iii) by working closely with Nubank's leadership team to develop and communicate Nubank's long-term strategy. Corporate Strategy sits within Nubank's Product structure and tackles projects in multi-disciplinary teams that include product, design, marketing, software engineering, data science, and others. As a group we believe in:
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit;
- Exceptional team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for identifying, analyzing and prioritizing new market opportunities;
- Curiosity to track industry trends and forecast impacts on Nubank's businesses;
- Capacity to keep learning new things, while constantly improving existing skill sets;
- Ability to effortlessly collaborate with all parts of Nubank, to deliver the best analyses and recommendations.
About the role
We are currently looking for dynamic, post-MBA or equivalent candidates, with prior work experiences in management consulting or corporate strategy. The chosen candidate will lead day-to-day execution of Strategy projects and will take on responsibilities to help us solve our complex and ambitious challenges. Candidates must display the following traits:
- Solid analytical skills, capable of tackling abstract, multivariable analyses, involving business, customer, product, regulatory, and financial elements;
- Strong business judgment, with capacity to make creative, strategic recommendations, yet grounded by the relevant operational realities and constraints;
- Exceptional team player with emerging leadership skills, who can influence multidisciplinary teams;
- Self-starter personality, who can work well independently and who is hands-on with project execution;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Curious and willing to learn;
- MBA degree is a plus;
- Solid work experience in management consulting or in a corporate strategy function of a high growth company;
- Fluency in English; Portuguese and Spanish are an important plus.
- Based in São Paulo, SP
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.