Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Compliance Chapter
The Compliance Team has a very special role in our mission: support the company’s growth by identifying the Compliance risks that NU faces; designing and implementing controls to protect Nu from such risks; and by providing advisory to the Business on regulations and internal policies to create the best product or service that follows with these external and internal standards.
What is Compliance Risk? Is the exposure to legal penalties (sanctions or fines), financial loss, reputation or image damage that Nu faces when it fails to act in accordance with laws and regulations, internal policies or prescribed best practices.
Responsibilities assigned to you might be related to:
- Research regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information.
- Keep other teams abreast of requirements by researching regulatory and filing information; writing and communicating guidelines.
- Provide advisory to other teams about the regulation to establish new processes or controls.
- Help draft Compliance policies and procedures
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Liaise and work closely with various teams to enhance systems and processes related to Compliance
- Help plan, execute and conduct Compliance training.
- Help plan, execute and conduct a Compliance Testing Plan.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries received from Regulators, Auto Regulatory bodies or Auditors
We believe in
- Entrepreneurship spirit;
- Exceptional team chemistry;
How We Work
- You act like you own the company where you work
- You are enthusiastic about building partnership with other teams
- You are willing to go the extra mile and getting involved in many areas
- You challenge the status quo
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- 5-7 years' or above experience in AML/TF, compliance, or regulatory areas in international banks, level IV SOFIPOs and/or fintech.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures from scratch and implement them.
- Experience related to filing for licenses before CNBV and Banxico and project management for that.
- Ability to conduct regulatory advisory and law interpretation by providing consultation to business areas as well as internal clients.
- Ability to partnership with other stakeholders in regulatory consultations and implementation plans.
- Ability to conduct regulatory reviews both internal as well as with regulators such as CNBV, BANXICO and Condusef.
- The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving several topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, finance and product.
- Ability to work and lead through influence multidisciplinary teams (product, software engineering, data science, analysts and customer service).
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Great team player, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish.