Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
Controllership team breaks the status quo by facing challenges from the perspective of technological innovation as a tool to automate and make our processes run more efficiently. Our goal is to build a strong and diverse team that looks to create something worthwhile. And has at its core values to pursue smart efficiency, this comes hand in hand with our drive to remain as a strategic partner for all cross chapters teams within NU Colombia.
In Product Control we are part of the first line of defense to deliver trustworthy information for the existing and upcoming products, with the strong belief that we are impacting directly on our customers by creating a great experience for them.
How We Work
- We are owners
- We thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace conflicting ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard, with integrity and putting the team first
As a Controllership Analyst, you're expected to:
- Prepare statutory financial statements and execute financial controls relating to general ledger including (structure of the financials, policies and disclosures)
- Prepare monthly general reconciliation controls
- Construct reports to be presented to legal regulators
- Support financial statements/controls, such as SOX, among others
- Bachelor of Accounting Degree, with knowledge of IFRS and Financial Institutions experience
- 5 years of experience working with accounting area and proven experience in conciliations, depreciation, constructing financial controls, accounting closing among others
- Experience using International Accounting Standards (IFRS)
- Proven experience constructing and presenting reports to the Financial Superintendency
- Upper intermediate English Level
- Proven experience in financial systems (SAP, Oracle, others)
- Strong analytical skills required to manage and evaluate complex data
The position is based in Bogotá, Colombia
- 15 days paid vacations per year
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- NuLanguage Program
- NuCare Program
- Extended Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.