Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
Our Internal Auditors protect Nubank while challenging traditional auditing by embracing technology. It’s the auditors' job to assess the internal controls of Nubank’s main risks and provide assurance, advisory, and insights about them, helping our company grow healthy.
Truly great Internal Auditors at Nubank will go beyond the traditional audit, pursuing innovation with freedom. Will always work hard to add value, taking no shortcuts and not being picky with small issues. Following this path will be recognized at the market as a pioneer on technology-based audit techniques.
About the role
- Is perceived as an Internal Audit ambassador across Nubank and always with its "hands on" the most important tests. Also, helping our team to keep the culture we want to keep and changing our processes, methods and rituals when needed to scale in the same speed as the business;
- Understands and articulates the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product needs, efficiency vs. thoroughness, adding vs. reducing technical debt, etc;
- Shares its knowledge with didacticism, fostering new specialists amongst the team;
- Establishes a rapport with the operational teams related to its area of expertise (through participation in chapter meetings/ ceremonies or 1::1s);
- Be capable of reading the different stakeholders needs, adapting their speech accordingly, performing the audit "diplomacy job" when needed, so the team can focus on getting the work done on time.
- Fluency in the financial services products, such as PIX, Saving Accounts, knowledge of Credit Risk, knows the Regulatory and Operational Risks and can analyze control flaws in the selected areas;
- Knows how to use the data analytics tools using SQL, Scala and Python, and perform effective queries in their tests;
- Proficiently communicates in English, both writing and speaking;
- Works previously on Internal or External Audits;
- Deliveries with very deep technical premises and adding value to Nubank's processes.
- Innovating on processes and techniques in your assessments to cover the main risks;
- Is a master in the art of saying "no" in the right time, always to what is less important, aiming to achieve deadlines, focus on what really matters and do not distract with small issues;
- Worked on projects with small deliverables and deadlines.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.