Nu was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nu is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nu is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Design Team
Here at Nu we fight complexity everyday to make people’s lives better. We believe that by building a truly global and diverse team we will be able to challenge the status quo and have a lasting impact on the world. As a team who drives product development from ideation to full rollout, the Design Team ensures that our product experiences are valuable to our users.
Researcher at Nu must be able to understand users behaviors, needs and pain points, translate them into practical and clear information and insights and share this knowledge with everyone.
To achieve a better use of their findings, the researcher should always work in collaboration with Designers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineers and so on.
With this in mind, the researcher should understand and execute a big variety of research methods from both quantitative and qualitative side. As well as be able to communicate their findings in the best way to suit the team.
To help us grow and fight complexity we are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our Design team. If you want to build the future of financial services, please apply!
Once here, you will:
- Lead UX Research initiatives.
- Help develop Research culture with Product Managers and Design Teams, and drive the organization to understand the customers' needs, challenges, and problems.
- Help shape and deliver an exceptional customer experience across channels based on research.
- Work embedded in a cross-functional product team to identify key research questions and goals, address them through a mixed methods approach.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, engineering, CX and business analytics to drive customer-centered and evidence-based decisions on product and design strategy.
- Effectively speak to what matters most for our community; advocating for user-centered design.
- At least 6 years of experience in UX Research (Qualitative and Quantitative methods);
- Experience in applying research to digital products;
- Excellent Spanish and English: verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment;
- Ability acting as an advocate for the user's needs.
- Equity at Nu
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.