Nubank was born from a simple idea: everyone should have control over their own money. We enable millions of Latin Americans to live better by freeing our customers from a bureaucratic, slow, and inefficient traditional banking system. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and offices in Argentina, Germany, and the United States, Nubank is the world's largest independent digital bank, reinventing over 35 million customers' financial lives.
We're redefining people's relationships with money through seamless, transparent products and outstanding customer service: a no-fee credit card entirely managed by a mobile app and held by over 21 million people, and a digital account, free of taxes, owned by 35 million Brazilians. We also offer hassle-free personal loans, a benefits program with points that don't expire, a business account tailored for SMBs, and life insurance. In 2020, Nubank acquired digital broker Easynvest and became the leader in self-directed digital investments in Brazil.
Throughout the years, we raised over US$1.2 billion with some of the best-known growth and technology investors in the world. Forbes magazine elected Nubank best bank in Brazil for three years in a row, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Fast Company magazine named us the most innovative company in Latin America and CBInsights as the most valuable challenger bank.
DevOps at Nubank
We are looking for a Infrastructure Operation (InfraOps) engineer with experience in delivery and operation of IT infrastructure for small (<US$1M / <50VMs) and large scale (>US$10M/ >1000VMs) servers Infrastructure in private clouds (VMware &/OpenStack) and in Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) delivering automation at the operational level and also for the monitoring of infrastructure who has participated in the project HLD/ LLD, hardware, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS installation, application commissioning, network integration, interoperability tests, acceptance tests procedures. (ATPs).
Experience in Operation & Maintenance during the commercial stage in large IT infrastructure for production environments using Linux and working also with the infrastructure network, storage and virtualization with a DevOps culture and SRE approach.
Responsible for service's SLO and system availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
Why is InfraOps important to Nubank?
Just like Nubank is customer-focused, our InfraOps team also aims to offer the best experience and solutions for all everyday issues and tasks. And who are InfraOps’ customers? All Nubankers.
Our InfraOps team is responsible for delivering automation at the operational level and also for the monitoring of infrastructure. We work directly to make the experience of Nubankers more comfortable. We also use resources from different chapters and squads within the ITOps tribe and all of Nubank to make our work more efficient.
We also gather metrics to ensure the decisions we make are the right ones, always keeping an eye at the root cause so that we can provide a unique solution.
Desired skills and experience
- Advance Unix Expertise, hands-on experience working in any UNIX CLI derivatives environments (Any Linux Distro & MacOs).
- Basic to intermediate experience reading and programming scripting language such as batch/shell and python to automate tasks.
- Knowledge of Apple MDM tools (Mosyle, JAMF).
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code methodologies, tools for configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge of high-level scripting languages (e.g. Python, Go, Clojure, Bash).
- Knowledge of automated installation and implementation of end-user settings (Ubuntu and MacOS).
- Knowledge of deploying and configuring applications in AWS-Cloud and VMWare.
- Knowledge of monitoring systems (Prometheus, Telegraf, Grafana, CheckMK, Splunk, Alert Manager, APIs, etc).
- Knowledge of Docker (Containers, clusters, orchestrators).
- Knowledge of microservices and CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Databases (e.g. Datomic, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of the security-first approach when creating solutions.
- Experience working with global teams and supporting customers remotely.
- Experience working with High-Availability and High-Scalability systems in a production environment.
- Being able to communicate efficiently in English, Spanish.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban agile methodologies.
- Enjoying taking on great technical challenges with quality solutions and also having a sense of urgency when prioritizing problems.
You will be a great fit if you believe in the main intrinsic values of culture in Nubank, such as:
- You like solving problems putting the customer at the center when designing new offerings, processes, and also having an understanding of how your work decisions can impact other Nubankers, and also believing that technology can create opportunities for incredible solutions.
- You like working with people and are flexible when dealing with people from different backgrounds, demonstrating ability to deliver despite ambiguity, changing expectations, tight deadlines, and always thinking and believing that there’s more than one way to make something cool.
- Appreciating and taking care of little details, showing curiosity, disposition to learn new skills quickly and having the will of taking on technologies with a high learning-curve.
- Encouraging your colleagues and influencing them to get things done in an environment where there are many things with coinciding priorities.
- Genuinely caring for a strong work ethic and dedication to truth in making decisions that put what's best for the company ahead of personal and/or team needs.
- Always looking for scalable solutions that will last, always aiming to collaborate well, communicate well, be open and inclusive, not tolerating demonstrations of uncool behaviors.
- Knowing what your limits are, demonstrating a realistic sense of your own strengths and weaknesses, with a low ego, non-defensive openness when giving or receiving feedback, always trying to be authentic and taking advantage of the situation to improve as a person and professional.
- Seeking critical thinking to diagnose problems at the root cause by solving practical, simple and scalable solutions to problems, also developing creative new solutions to existing problems.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.