Nubank was born from a simple idea: everyone should have control over their own money. We enable millions of Latin Americans to live better by freeing our customers from a bureaucratic, slow, and inefficient, traditional banking system. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and offices in Argentina, Germany, and the United States, Nubank is the world's largest independent digital bank, reinventing over 40 million customers' financial lives.
In 2020, Nubank acquired Cognitec, the company behind the Clojure programming language and the Datomic database. Soon after, Nubank acquired digital broker Easynvest and became the leader in self-directed digital investments in Brazil.
We're redefining people's relationships with money through seamless, transparent products and outstanding customer service: a no-fee credit card entirely managed by a mobile app and held by over 21 million people, and a digital account, free of taxes, owned by 35 million Brazilians. We also offer hassle-free personal loans, a benefits program with points that don't expire, a business account tailored for SMBs, and life insurance.
Throughout the years, we raised over US$1.2 billion with some of the best-known growth and technology investors in the world. Forbes magazine elected Nubank best bank in Brazil for three years in a row, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Fast Company named us the most innovative company in Latin America and CBInsights as the most valuable challenger bank.
Nubank is the leading Fintech company in Latin America. Using bleeding-edge technology, design and data, the company aims to fight complexity and empower people to take control of their finances. We are disrupting an outdated and bureaucratic system by building a simple, safe and 100% digital environment that addresses Brazilian customers’ needs with no paperwork, bank branches or inefficient call centers.
Our headquarter is located in São Paulo, Brazil, and we are also present in Berlin, Germany with an engineering office. With a team of over 1,700 of the most innovative professionals in technology, Nubank is dedicated to create an inclusive, international and challenging work environment.
Engineers form the bulk of our team. We are a group of highly passionate engineers with varying degrees of experience and diverse backgrounds responsible for improving our customers' experience and trust.
Technology is not a sector of our business: it's intrinsic to every area at Nubank. We encourage everyone to challenge the status quo. There's no "innovation team" - we hire innovative people for all our positions and encourage them to constantly question decisions to keep finding better ways to do something. Our business is growing, and our engineering team must match that demand.
As we grow, we need to:
- Find new techniques and technologies, multiplying efficiency through tools and libraries;
- Balance new processes while staying agile;
- Learn quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities;
- Sustainable scale diverse teams.
How does a day to day look for a Red Team engineer?
- Perform infrastructure, web and mobile pentest;
- Help with vulnerability management;
- Code tools that assist with offensive security security reviews;
- Support operations to fix vulnerabilities and help development squads to understand security issues;
- Assist in architectural / logical reviews of different softwares;
What skills do I need?
- Offensive Security background, with a focus on Red Team activities;
- Cloud knowledge (AWS & GCP)
- Familiarity with security frameworks, such as OWASP;
- Ability to reproduce behaviour of Advanced Persistent Threat groups;
- General knowledge in all security scopes, as well as strong knowledge on Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Infrastructure Architecture;
- Ability to apply an Offensive Security mindset to company processes and flows;
- Familiarity with different parts of a pentest, such as reconnaissance, enumeration, exploitation, post-exploitation, lateral movement, etc…;
- Knowledge of these tools is a plus: Nmap, Metasploit, SQLmap, Burp Suite, Nessus, Censys and/or Shodan, Cloud security assessment tools.
- Strong knowledge of recent and past attack vectors, as well as exploitations, and how to fix them;
- Experience with Threat Modeling;
- Familiarity with Bug Bounty programs;
- Active participation in the CTF Scene;
- Ability to harden and improve CI/CD Pipelines as well as experience with SDLC
We believe in good team chemistry, enthusiasm for building things, and our surprising capacity to learn new things when we stay humble and open-minded. Good computer science skills and concepts, as well as English language skills, are essential.
We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions. We love working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Gympass partnership
- NuLanguage: Nubank language learning program
- Nucare: Nubank exclusive personalized program that offers psychological, social, legal and financial support to all Nubankers
- Child care assistance and private lactation rooms
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Special Nubank Rewards signature program
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
- Inclusive workplace, pet-friendly and without dress code
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that more than 30% of Nubank is part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.