Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
How We Work
- We are owners
- We thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace conflicting ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard, with integrity and putting the team first
- Create data pipelines integrating a wide range of sources to drive business functions and products
- Constantly refining the data platform to enable a broader set of data applications such as streaming systems
- Improve user-experience and platform predictability through work on monitoring and system reliability
- Work with backend microservices in functional programming languages
- Create intuitive visualizations for monitoring live streaming data sets
- Triage bugs and exceptions reported in production
- Conduct system load/stress tests
We are looking for Engineers that are intellectually curious, enthusiastic, versatile, eager to learn, with a track record of creating efficient, scalable and accessible solutions, preferably in the domain of data infrastructure and tooling. You will have a meaningful chance to shape architecture, process, and culture while working with leading edge technologies. We believe in cultivating good inter and intra team chemistry, enthusiasm for building things, and exercising the amazing capacity to learn new things when we stay humble and open-minded. English language skills are essential.
Desired skills and experience
- 2-3 years of experience as Data Analyst, Data Engineer and/or Analytics Engineer
- Strong experience querying data with SQL and Python
- Fluent English
- Health and life insurance
- Opportunity to earn equity
- NuLanguage - Language learning program
- Parental leaves
- NuCare - Our employee assistance program
Diversity & Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices.