Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the world's most bureaucratic markets seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 40 million customers and $1.2 billion raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Germany, EUA and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
Infosec & Security Operation Center
The Nubank SOC team proactively hunts for security threats which may affect Customers or Nubankers, and acts fast on security incidents to investigate those threats and applies mechanisms to mitigate them. Also, SOC has a strong engineering power to decrease time to act on threats through automations and dedicated micro-services.
You can find more about Nubank Infosec here: https://blog.nubank.com.br/infosec-nubank-protecao-dados/
We believe in:
- Strong and diverse teams;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship quality service/products.
Nubank is experiencing hyper growth in several dimensions: number of customers, products, international markets and employees. As a Security Incident Responder Engineer, you will be able to fight against threat actors and contribute to building a healthy Security Incident Response operation to tackle challenges of very high impact.
What is a typical day for a Security Incident Responder Engineer?
Nu Incident Response team analyzes information, discusses observations and activities, and shares reports and communications across the company. The amount of time spent on any one of these activities depends on one key question: Is this a time of calm or crisis? That’s why it’s essential to have an extraordinary person who combines intellectual curiosity with a tireless passion for never giving up, especially during times of crisis.
Security Operations (SecOps) is a collaboration between security and IT operations teams, where security and operations staff assume joint ownership and responsibility for security concerns. It is a set of SOC processes, practices and tools which can help Nubank meet security goals more efficiently. As a Security Incident Responder Engineer, you will identify several types of security incidents by understanding how attacks work, and how to effectively respond before they get out of hand.
The Security Incident Responder Engineer will be responsible for:
- Analyzing and investigating every source of alerts and proactive improve our rule detection base
- Creating and keep updated playbooks that are used to handle security incidents
- Stabilising well-done communication between different squads to make it easy to automate or outsource incident response and analysis to MSSP
- Mapping IT systems and functions needed in the security incident playbooks
- Building Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) that arising from security investigations
Whats you'll need to be successful:
- Curious and innovative Security Analyst with a passion for information security operations, customer service, and automation
- Strong teamwork and communication skills. Verbal and written skills are essential for an effective incident response
- Has good understanding of the English language
- Knowledge in frameworks as: Mitre or NIST
- Real experience as SOC L2 using methodologies for investigation and incident response
- Log Analysis experience
- SPL language, how to query and modify alerts at Splunk
- Experience (administration/implementation/configuration) on security platform such as Firewall, IPS/IDS, WAF, EDR or IDM
Nice to have
- Defensive certifications or equivalent knowledge
- Github real world experience
- Experience scripting such as Python, shell script or Clojure
- Experience with AWS products
- Experience with automation and/or usage of:
- Palo Alto technologies
- Google Security Tools (Gmail, DLP and Google products hardening)
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Gympass partnership
- NuLanguage: Nubank language learning program
- Nucare: Nubank exclusive personalized program that offers psychological, social, legal and financial support to all Nubankers
- Child care assistance and private lactation rooms
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Special Nubank Rewards signature program
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
- Inclusive workplace, pet-friendly and without dress code
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that more than 30% of Nubank is part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.