Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with more than 15 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products, and the company has passed the 15 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
About The Opportunity..
Experience in delivery and operation of IT infrastructure for small (US$1M) and large scale (US$10M) complex computing systems with erver Infrastructure, linux, networking, storage, backups skills in private clouds (VMware &/OpenStack) and in Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.)Delivery of large private virtual data centers (Cloud>1000 VM). Involved in the project HLD/ LLD, hardware, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS installation, application commissioning, network integration, interoperability tests, acceptance tests procedures. (ATPs). Preparing and executing project plans according to the project requirements and customer’s satisfaction.Experience in Operation & Maintenance during commercial stage in large IT infrastructure for production environments using LINUX, networking, storage and virtualization with a DevOps and SRE approach. Responsible of Service’s SLO and system availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. Interact not only with the production environment, but also in testbed environments for product development teams and testing teams.High quality result oriented, strong ability to determine and process customer business requirements. Experience working in multicultural teams leading groups with the aim of ease the technical communication among the different stakeholders.
Advance Unix Expertise
- Intermediate to advance hands-on experience working in any UNIX CLI derivatives environments (Any Linux Distro).
- Basic to intermediate experience reading and programming scripting language such as batch/shell and python to automate tasks.
- IT Infrastructure.
- Intermediate to advance experience deploying and operating IaaS in a local datacenter and/or in the cloud (AWS Cloud Practicioner).
- Experience deploying solutions in AWS: EC2, S3, ECS, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CloudFront, ALB, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS.
- Experience managing microservices and APIs
- Basic to intermediate hands-on experience deploying and maintaining servers in data centers as long as understanding the basic concepts.
- Basic to intermediate hands-on experience deploying and maintaining storage devices as long as understanding the basic concepts.
- Hands-on experience with system and application metric collection and alerting services like Grafana, Prometheus, or others.
- Understanding of GIT concepts and desirable experience working in GitHub.
- Expertise to perform an advance and deep troubleshooting in Unix by reading logs, activating debug, and using frame capture tools such tcpdumps, and iperf and analyze the results in packets analyzers like Wireshark.
- Basic to intermediate experience setting up and maintaining end-to-end VPNs.
- Basic to intermediate understanding and hand-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Expertise understanding and deploying HA (High Availability) and Disaster Recovery (DR) services neither locally or in the cloud
You Will Fit In Well If
- You are unafraid to take initiative to identify and answer problems that are not necessarily evident
- You love working in a dynamic environment and being granted a lot of autonomy
- You're looking for a company with a culture of camaraderie, fun and personal growth
- You love operations and making things more efficient and simple
- Solid troubleshooting and debugging skills with a passion to work creatively and analytically for a problem-solving environment and continuous investigation
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Communication, knowledge sharing, Collaboration, professionalism, teamwork and an open disposition to learn.
- Consult with and develop relationships with in-house engineers and developers to promote creative solutions and improve customer satisfaction
- Discuss with vendors on new product offerings, evaluate new products and technologies, recommend the selected network services or products to the leadership
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.