Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with more than 20 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by more than 12 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by more than 17 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Finance Team
We are reinventing the way our customers deal with financial services. From outside, we are revolutionizing the way we deliver value to our customers. From inside, we are reinventing the way we organize, train, challenge and motivate ourselves to accomplish our goals.
Because we drive long-term profitability. We are at the core of Nubank's success, sustainability and longevity. We see the big picture of this fast- and ever-growing business, both in terms of numbers as well as complexity, and we try to make sense of it with finance, the language of business.
How We Work
- We are owners
- We thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace conflicting ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard, with integrity and putting the team first
- Review financial information and documents.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Collaborate with team members to provide necessary financial reports.
- Assist to FinOps accounting process.
- Assist in the financial statement preparation under IFRS, Local GAAP and Banking regulation (SOFOM, SOFIPO, Banking).
- Assist in the Preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, deferrals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the recording of the fixed assets, depreciation/amortization and reporting schedules.
- Participation in special projects related to Accounting and Reporting.
- Assist to the general accounting to work with other controllership team members.
- Assist in the internal and external audits.
- Exercise good judge to escalate issues to Supervisor.
- Collaborates with other areas in the company of the senior accounting (e.g., Business Development, Acceptance, Product, Marketing, Finance and Corporate Services).
- Timely provision of reports by agreed timelines.
- Ability to define/solve end-to-end problems and issues; timely and accurate processing of data/information through the systems.
- Ability to work with people at all levels and with an own team.
- Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in accounting/audit (Financial Institutions)
- Basic knowledge of MX GAAP, banking regulations.
- Strong understanding of accounting controls and tax issues.
- Basic knowledge of MX GAAP, banking Regulations.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must project credibility and integrity.
- Good business judgment.
- Works well under pressure.
- Team player.
- Takes initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Understanding of english language at a basic level.
- ERP knowledge.
- Good communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work effectively in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.